ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

myactivity.google

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
http://myactivity.google.com/ is the new place to go, if you want to have a look at what Google officially is recording of your data and behaviour. You can even delete it, they say.

---------------
Occasion:
I have not tried to check out the details, but ...:

The Danish consumer advisory organisation Tænk! has filed a lawsuit against Google for collecting and keeping personal, private data - which is not legal if the data goes beyond normal shopping / browsing behaviour. Further more Google is keeping the data "for ever", which also is not legal, once the purchase after some time is history only.

This was in Denmark. I don't know the relevant rules in 'your' country.

http://myactivity.google.com/

4wd:
I have multiple Google accounts, only a couple show activity (the ones attached to my phone) - the rest have activity recording turned off and show nothing.

What they collect is controlled by the account holder (supposedly) so is this just another case of people not taking responsibility for their actions?

Deozaan:
I briefly perused my data and it showed about a million things saying something like "Set Alarms and Timers" on Android for my account.

In other words, for some reason the Clock app keeps phoning home several times per day saying I've changed things when I haven't. And who would expect their clock to make regular reports on them anyway?

4wd:
I briefly perused my data and it showed about a million things saying something like "Set Alarms and Timers" on Android for my account.

In other words, for some reason the Clock app keeps phoning home several times per day saying I've changed things when I haven't. And who would expect their clock to make regular reports on them anyway?-Deozaan (March 07, 2017, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

You don't run a firewall on your Android devices?

Anything that I'm sure doesn't require net access to function doesn't get it - this includes a clock.

Shades:

You don't run a firewall on your Android devices?

Anything that I'm sure doesn't require net access to function doesn't get it - this includes a clock.
-4wd (March 07, 2017, 10:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

NTP is a good reason for a clock to access the internet...is it not?  But I agree on the general gist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version