ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

HTML to RSS

(1/2) > >>

kilele:
Hi. I have a list of html files. How can I make an rss so that the entire content of said files be displayed by newsreaders ?

IainB:
What an interesting question!
That happens to be almost exactly what I have been puzzling over for a couple of years and getting nowhere so far, though I have a provisional workaround.

In my case I have a store on hard disk containing many .htm and .mhtml files (saves of part/whole webpages) that I want to scan using a two-pane window. The LHS pane would give some kind of hierarchical navigation tree by category, and the RHS pane would display just the headings and/or first line of each page in that category, and be able to expand into the full page on demand. A bit like my bazqux feed-reader.

Tuxman:
*cough*

IainB:
Thanks @Tuxman, but that's not going to do it for me. (Too much like hard work.) I already have a workaround that does about 80% of what I need/want anyway.
By the way, I can get my bazqux feed-reader to find a feed for that Kitty website. (Interesting website.)

Tuxman:
Only for the complete website, not for the release changelog only.  :P

(Too much like hard work.)
--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure that your 80% workaround plus posting here is more hard work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version