topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: sStockquotes - Weird Bug  (Read 6656 times)

PJK78

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
sStockquotes - Weird Bug
« on: February 22, 2017, 11:46 AM »
I use sStockquotes almost everyday to trigger stock alarms on my Windows 10 desktop. But since a few days, it seems there is a bug in regards to alarms being triggered while there is no data to be triggered from!

I have about 50 stock symbols on my list, and only about 7 or 8 of those have alarms. Sometimes, I will remove the alarm from one stock for awhile, then put it back days later. But the strange thing is that some days, those “earlier” alarms that I had setup weeks/months ago are being triggered. It seems sStockquotes is reading something from the past!  Weird!

I have tried uninstalling / re-installing it, but the same bug appears.

Is there some sort of a cache hidden somewhere for sStockquotes?
Maybe you could create a button with “Clear data cache”.... I’m no programmer, you tell me!

Thanks for any ideas... and thanks for a great little app!  :)

PJK78

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: sStockquotes - Weird Bug
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 10:01 AM »
I think I found the culprit. And for any readers who care about that software, the bug has to do with the type of characters typed in the "Notes" field (when adding a stock). Don't use any symbols, like "?", since it seems to trigger the bug. And the use notes that are too long.

I edited all the notes I add covering my symbol list, and it now works perfectly.... Well, not that "perfect" since I think a few tweaking should be done, but at least it works as it should be.

:)