ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

21.co - Replace your public email with an inbox that pays you

(1/1)

Mark0:
Set up a 21 profile to receive paid messages from people outside your network. Keep the money, or donate it to charities like Black Girls Code.
It's like LinkedIn InMail, except you get paid!
--- End quote ---
21.co

An interesting experiment...
I found about it when, just overnight, I started to see tweets by various notable (and non) people that activated an account. I have seen asking prices from 1$ to over 100$.

Will it gain some traction or be just a passing fad?
Don't know, but the idea to reach some otherwise unreachable person may have some appeal. Surely it works as an anti-spam! :)

Deozaan:
Why would anyone want to pay to get in contact with me when they can do it for free?

Surely it works as an anti-spam! :)
-Mark0 (February 10, 2017, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Funny you should mention that, because 21.co is a Bitcoin company, and IIRC, a part of Bitcoin (the proof of work) was inspired by Hashcash, which was an anti-spam technique that never caught on.

f0dder:
Why on earth would anybody in their right mind join a thing like this?

brotherS:
Why on earth would anybody in their right mind join a thing like this?
-f0dder (February 24, 2017, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can see the appeal for some people: https://21.co/ lists a few venture capitalists, some of which get approached by more than a 1000 startups a year. So, if you're after venture capital and want to approach one of them, and can do so (more or less) uniquely by paying a few bucks, maybe it helps to stand out more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version