ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

Amortization Version 2

(1/1)

jroman:
I know, it's so simple what's the point of a version 2, right?

Well, when I had to re-open the project to link some libraries statically, I was offended by the non-OO design of the program.  OK for me, but not for release (even if you never see the code). So I re-factored it, leaving just a couple of rough edges that weren't worth the effort to sand down.  Of course, testing the updated code pointed out some ways the UX could be improved, so I implemented them

Voila! Version 2. You'll find it linked on the same downloads page as version 1 on my website.

New features:
1. Better keyboard support, including putting the focus on the first input field when the program opens (duh!)
2. Displaying the amortization results in separate windows so you can do side-by-side comparisons if desired.
3. Better editing of input parameters -- hope you didn't run into any of my gaffes!
4. Highlight the "Save to CSV" button.
5. More of the loan parameters included in the CSV download, so you don't have to remember them.

Sorry that you have to close each of the result windows and the parameter input window separately.  I wanted to have them all close when the parameter window is closed, but I can't seem to find the incantation to make that happen.  Is anyone familiar enough with FLTK to give me a pointer in the direction of accomplishing that?  Thanks.

tomos:
hi jroman
thanks, any chance you'd update the original thread? (There's so many new apps, I initially didnt have a clue which one you were referring to)

jroman:
hi jroman
thanks, any chance you'd update the original thread? (There's so many new apps, I initially didnt have a clue which one you were referring to)
-tomos (January 09, 2017, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Done.  It's the Amortization Calculator thread.

tomos:
 :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version