ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

New Year, New Question!

(1/2) > >>

dglp:
Happy new year everyone - there'll be interesting challenges aplenty.

A small but persistent challenge for me is to change the way folders are displayed in my Windows7 taskbar.
If I've got 6 folders open I'd like to color-code, number, or iconify each one for easy recognition.

I've gone through various of the Windows display settings without finding a solution.
For example, I can set up a toolbar organizer that allows me to iconify the links within a given toolbar - but that doesn't do anything with taskbar folder links.

So maybe it's time to dig a bit deeper.
First point of enquiry.... here!

Does anyone know of a tweak or tool that changes the way folder icons are displayed in the taskbar?

:)

Ath:
Would this How-To Geek link (Windows 7 oriented) be helpful?
Or a TenForums thread with a similar gist for Windows 10.

skwire:
If I've got 6 folders open I'd like to color-code, number, or iconify each one for easy recognition.-dglp (January 04, 2017, 03:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, right-click the folder, choose the "Customize" tab, and click the "Change Icon..." button. 

New Year, New Question!

tomos:
to clarify:

A small but persistent challenge for me is to change the way folders are displayed in my Windows7 taskbar.
If I've got 6 folders open I'd like to color-code, number, or iconify each one for easy recognition.
-dglp (January 04, 2017, 03:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

do you mean: the folders you happen to have open at the moment, in different Explorer windows?

Curt:
hello dglp,
wouldn't it be a lot easier to use Taskbar thumbnail previews? I think it will, because I don't think what you are asking for, is possible!

enable / disable thumbnail previews:

https://superuser.com/questions/202843/how-to-disable-windows-7-taskbar-thumbnails-preview
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/52265-taskbar-thumbnail-previews-enable-disable.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version