topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2017: CSearcher - A simple and fast free non-indexing search program.  (Read 49121 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
But I confess I set a goal in my mind when I decided to ask for donations that was that one day I could have enough donations and grab that money and take my family to a good lunch on a weekend.

Ok fellow DonationCoder members, it seems to me the least we can do is help Hugo achieve this modest goal.
okay, that all prompted me to get my act together and download latest version and finally make CSearcher start with windows. And make a donation.
Tom

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

I would like to thank all the donations I received.  :Thmbsup:
I will not thank anyone in particular because I am sincerely grateful to everyone. I know that each one donated what he could and what he thought was right!

Yesterday I had a mountain of emotions, from being discouraged to having received one donation so far, to a state of total joy when seeing a generous set of donations that allowed me to reach precisely the goal that I had imagined for this project.
Now I do not have this excuse to be unmotivated :)
One of these weekends I'm going to take my family for a walk and have lunch in a nice place, and I'm going to tell them about CSearcher and that the lunch was a reward, due to the donations people made to value this work. (I hope that my wife, who says I spend to much of my free time on the computer, gives me a break)

I would also like to say that although I did not find the time to do it until now, I will look for other interesting projects here at DonationCoder. And those with whom I identify myself and find useful, I will make a point of donating part of my balance to them, and give back to this comunity.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think this is the bug you are experiencing. I will fix it in a new release I'm preparing.
-hugo nabais (May 09, 2017, 04:11 AM)

Relax-relax-rest-cool-smiley-emoticon-000628-medium.gif

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok fellow DonationCoder members, it seems to me the least we can do is help Hugo achieve this modest goal.
I've sent Hugo a donation -- I hope you others will as well.  Just click on the gold coin under his name.

Done.  Enjoy your lunch!

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I like to use regular expressions in general, and also with CSearcher, but I've always found hard to remember the Regex Syntax.
To fix this I've create a new small form  :D
Now when you select Regex mode and press the add button you have a nice form explaining regular expressions and a built in tester  :)

Also I've also added a requested feature:

And fixed some bugs!

As always any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Here it is:
Version 1.5.2.0 (May 16, 2017)
[new]   New form when adding regex patterns. It has detailed explanation of Regex patters and a Regex expression tester.
[new]   New option (menu Option) to limit Max depth of subfolder search
[fix]   Fixed bug when always on top was checked, other dialog forms were not always on top and could not be accessed
[fix]   Fixed bug on add patterns form when adding empty patterns
[fix]   Fixed warning display bug sometimes showing while searching

Downloads:
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.2.0.zip Compressed archive.
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.2.0.exe Self-Extracting file.

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New version with small new features and fixed some bugs!

Here it is:
Version 1.5.3.0 (June 6, 2017)
[fix]   Fixed bug when CSearcher was last opened on a removed secondary screen, it didn't display main form (was on an invalid area)
[new]   New function (menu Edit) that allows to remove selected item(s) from results
[new]   New function (menu Help) that allows to open the folder where CSearcher is running from (useful for manual updates)
[fix]   Added protection notification when trying to open several notepad or HexViewer results
[alt]   Small layout tweaks

Downloads:
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.3.0.zip Compressed archive.
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.3.0.exe Self-Extracting file.

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New version with new feature and fixed some bugs!

Command line has improved a lot, still not finished because I plan to add more features (including restrictions and auto exporting results), but now it will allow a complete search set from command line or a ".bat" file.

Here it is:
Version 1.5.4.0 (July 5, 2017)
[fix]   While searching inside files (content restriction), case insensitive was not functioning correctly missing some results
[fix]   PayPal address textbox is now read-only
[new]   Command line options that allow the start of an automatic search from command line loading search parameters.

Downloads:
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.4.0.zip Compressed archive.
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.4.0.exe Self-Extracting file.

jcamp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nice program - very useful  :Thmbsup:

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Seems a good program.
Running to try !
I am using Everything. What's the difference ?

:-*

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Seems a good program.
Running to try !

Hi,

I don't understand what you mean by "using Everything".
Can you explain?

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
Can you explain?
He means this http://filehippo.com...download_everything/, I think.

Everything uses indexing, CSearcher non-indexing, I think.

Regards,

Anand

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Seems a good program.
Running to try !

Hi,

Can you explain?
Sorry Hugo.

Anandcoral is right !

What is the advantage with your program don't using the indexing ?

I suppose is for computer not very powerful. I have an i7 processor and 32 GB RAM.

Nevertheless your program is installed and trying.

Best Regards

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Seems a good program.
Running to try !

Hi,

Can you explain?
Sorry Hugo.

Anandcoral is right !

I suppose is for computer not very powerful. I have an i7 processor and 32 GB RAM.

Best Regards

I don't know Everything and don't use it, but I have looked it description.

I have already explain this a couple of posts back, programs like Everything, UltraSearch, etc require administration rights on the computer and work only on NTFS partition.
This may work if you are a home user with only one computer and only NTFS partitions.
If you have several computer shares, NAS systems, FAT32 disks, SD  cards, some USB disks you cannot use them and need a program like CSearcher or similar programs, also if you don't have admin rights on the computer (like many office workers) you can't use Everything or similar programs.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Seems a good program.
Running to try !

Hi,

Can you explain?
Sorry Hugo.

Anandcoral is right !

Best Regards

I don't know Everything and don't use it, but I have looked it description.

I have already explain this a couple of posts back, programs like Everything, UltraSearch, etc require administration rights on the computer and work only on NTFS partition.
This may work if you are a home user with only one computer and only NTFS partitions.
If you have several computer shares, NAS systems, FAT32 disks, SD  cards, some USB disks you cannot use them and need a program like CSearcher or similar programs, also if you don't have admin rights on the computer (like many office workers) you can't use Everything or similar programs.

You have explained perfectly well to me why i am using CSearcher

Best Regards

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You have explained perfectly well to me why i am using CSearcher

Best Regards

No problem. Glad to help.
Feel free to make any suggestions or error reports (although development is stopped at this moment, I hope I pick it up soon).

Hugo

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
After some time away there is a new version of CSearcher with a new chart feature and some bugs fixed!

New Results Charts feature, allows some insight of largest files and extensions in bytes and quantities:

Here it is:
Version 1.5.5.0 (December 8, 2017)
[new] Added two command line options that allow the load of saved search criteria and saved restrictions, from XML files
[fix] Fixed bug where sometimes neither ASCII nor unicode were selected in Content restrictions
[new] New Tool Strip: "Tools", with a new item: Tools-> "Charts", to help analyse results
[new] New option to invert selected results in Edit-> Invert selected results

Downloads:
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.5.0.zip Compressed archive.
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.5.0.exe Self-Extracting file.

hugo nabais

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New version:
Version 1.5.5.1 (October 25, 2018)
[fix]   File/folder date/time were not being displayed considering time zones
[fix]   When renaming files, the file icon was not update in case of a file type change
[fix]   Improved layout with "max number of results" textbox when windows text size is increased to 125 or 150%
[fix]   Small bug fixes and more error handling improvements

Downloads:
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.5.1.zip Compressed archive.
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.5.1.exe Self-Extracting file.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
be aware that the file not will unpack to a new folder:

2018-10-26_100326.jpgNANY 2017: CSearcher - A simple and fast free non-indexing search program.

Request: Pack the files in a folder.