ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

NANY 2017: CSearcher - A simple and fast free non-indexing search program.

<< < (7/14) > >>

tomos:
hi hugo,
a couple of minor queries / requests:

is there any keyboard method of getting to the "Search pattern" field ?
(I know I can tab there but that can take a while) Ctrl+F ?

would it be possible to show the path of found files as a 'tooltip' -- currently the only way of seeing most full filepaths is to resize column which then pushes other info out to right.

tomos:
After messing around with the tab key to navigate, I seem to have broken something:

CS couldnt find anything -- see Everything result showing it on G:

I browsed to add another drive, and see that G: is *not* already selected, even though it was listed in the Search folders box.

If I can reproduce I will let you know.

hugo nabais:
Hi tomos,

Thank you for your feedback.

About your suggestions, I will consider the shortcut key on Search Pattern, seems practical.
About the tooltip with fullpath I think it's a great ideia, I had already in my daily usage felt the need for such information.
I'll add them to my to do list and probably will add them in next release.

The problem of your jpg file not being found is probably related to the fact that you were filtering results:

Maybe you had a "space" in one of the filtering fields?!

About the other question of your drive G:\ not being showed is a normal behavior by design.
The browse form will not load added search folders.
I tried to show this by saying:

Maybe in the future I'll do some code to load already added folders in this form.
I opted not to do so now because you could manually add unc paths ex:"\\myothercomputer\share1" and this could not be loaded on the browse form.

tomos:
Thanks - correct, there was a space in one of the filter boxes. Happened when messing around to see how keyboard navigation was.
That's fine the way adding drives works: I was just trying to find solution, but looking in the wrong place ;-)

And tanks for considering requests :up:

hugo nabais:
I released a new version of CSearcher

Version 1.4.3.0
[new]   Completely redesigned MD5 code. Calculating MD5 is now slightly faster (aound 10-20%).
[new]   While calculating MD5, there is now a form with progress details and an option to cancel. Avoided "not responding" on main form
[new]   The path of result files is shown as a 'tooltip' over the file name. This can be disabled in menu "View->No Results Name tooltip"
[new]   New scrollable form to inform about new versions.

Downloads:
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.4.3.0.zip Compressed archive.
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.4.3.0.exe Self-Extracting file.

Screens:

Mouse over a file:

As always any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Hugo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version