ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

NANY 2017: CSearcher - A simple and fast free non-indexing search program.

<< < (10/14) > >>

hugo nabais:
CSearcher 1.5.1.0 had a bug and I fixed it in a new version:

Version 1.5.1.1 (May 8, 2017)
[fix] Fixed bug that displayed error message on startup

Downloads:
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.1.1.zip Compressed archive.
·http://www.hnsoft.pt/Repository/CSearcher/CSearcher_1.5.1.1.exe Self-Extracting file.

hugo nabais:
(sorry about the bug on 1.5.1.0, I should have made a final test)

Thanks for all the answers. I found them all interesting and I will certainly look for motivation to continue, at least as long as I enjoy doing it and being able to do it.

@mouser
Thanks for your article. I found it very interesting and in particular very accurate and true. I'd like to add that most people (users) have no idea of ​​the complexity and time lost to programming.

As for my outburst, I never found, as I said, that I was going to make money or that it would be what would motivate me. I did not even expect high donations, I think that for a program like these it makes sense to donate low values like 2 or 3$. But I confess I set a goal in my mind when I decided to ask for donations that was that one day I could have enough donations and grab that money and take my family to a good lunch on a weekend. I am talking about reaching a total of 100 euros or so (to make up a little of all the time I lose with this project.) And it seemed to me due to what I had received until now that would be impossible.
Creating expectations is never good.

I will follow the advice to continue and motivate myself with the pleasure I have while programming.

MilesAhead:
-hugo nabais (May 08, 2017, 12:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried the latest update and it does open without the error dialog.  One thing I have run into though is dialogs opening behind the main form.  Since they are modal and covered by the main form the program will not accept input.  Any mouse click generates a "ding" sound.  To close the program without using Task Manager requires mouse hover on the Taskbar Button and hitting the close 'x' on the dialog window.  In this case I tried to add patterns with the Add Button.  The dialog opened behind the main form instead of on top.

In case it makes any difference I am running Windows 8.0 64 bit OS.

mouser:
But I confess I set a goal in my mind when I decided to ask for donations that was that one day I could have enough donations and grab that money and take my family to a good lunch on a weekend.
--- End quote ---

Ok fellow DonationCoder members, it seems to me the least we can do is help Hugo achieve this modest goal.

I've sent Hugo a donation -- I hope you others will as well.  Just click on the gold coin under his name.

hugo nabais:
-hugo nabais (May 08, 2017, 12:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried the latest update and it does open without the error dialog.  One thing I have run into though is dialogs opening behind the main form.  Since they are modal and covered by the main form the program will not accept input.  Any mouse click generates a "ding" sound.  To close the program without using Task Manager requires mouse hover on the Taskbar Button and hitting the close 'x' on the dialog window.  In this case I tried to add patterns with the Add Button.  The dialog opened behind the main form instead of on top.

In case it makes any difference I am running Windows 8.0 64 bit OS.
-MilesAhead (May 08, 2017, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

About this problem, I did some testing and found that if you are running with the "Always on top" option selected on the view menu all other dialog forms (add, button, etc) are not always on top and therefor open behind main form. I think this is the bug you are experiencing. I will fix it in a new release I'm preparing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version