topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 6:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 2452 times)

majik1213

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Quick Question
« on: December 27, 2016, 10:37 AM »
super embarrassed to ask this but, is there a way to capture without auto-saving?  I would rather it just copy to clipboard as I then paste it into the document directly.  I would prefer not to have to go through and delete the auto-saved images and then empty the recycle bin each time.  This functionality is in MWSnap but I can't seem to find how to reproduce it here ..

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 03:40 PM »
No reason to be embarrassed!

As you have guessed, Screenshot Captor is resistant to throwing out old screenshots.  That reflects my personal bias towards holding on to things in case you might need them later (SC does have some nice features for auto-filing old screenshots into folders based on date so they will stay out of your way).

However, there are a couple of ways to do what you want.  Here's one way:
  • Go the File Naming tab and change the "Default New File Name" to something that doesn't include the date, like "LastScreenshot".
  • Then UNCHECK the checkbox near the middle of the dialog labeled "Auto sequence new file names to avoid overwriting old files".

Screenshot - 12_27_2016 , 3_29_37 PM.png

What that will do is always keep only the last saved file, and just keep overwriting that one file as you make new captures.
(If you ever want to save a screenshot forever just do a Save As or rename that file).

The other way you could try to do what you want is to check the "Don't Auto Save Captures" option on the Miscellaneous Tweaks tab, however that's not going to work if you subsequently try to copy the image FILE to the clipboard (vs copying the image bitmap to clipboard), as trying to copy the file to the clipboard will immediately force SC to save the file to disk.