ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

Amortization Calculator

(1/3) > >>

jroman:
NANY 2017 Entry Information
Application Name Amortize Version 1.0 Short Description Freeware calculator for payment amounts, number of payments, total interest paid for various types of loans Supported OSes Windows  Web Page N/A Download Link http://jackromanowicz.com/downloads System Requirements
* nada
* zip
* zeroVersion History
* v1.0 -- initial public releaseAuthor Jack Romanowicz

Description
While researching a re-financing of our house, I got annoyed with the loan calculators I found on the web, so I wrote one I liked better.

Now you can easily find out how much you can save by re-financing and how long it will take to pay off all those Xmas purchases on the Visa card.

Features
Given an initial balance and an annual interest rate:
For an installment loan:
Calculate payment amount.
For a revolving loan:
Given the amount of a constant periodic payment, calculate the number of payments to payoff.
Allow payment specification as a percentage of the balance or a fixed amount.
For all:
Create a table showing the interest, principal and remaining balance amount for each payment.
Download the payment table in CSV format.
Display total interest and total paid.

Planned Features
Any requested features that make sense to me.

Screenshots
Amortization Calculator

Usage
Installation
Zero installation. Simply double click the file or place it in a folder in your path and type "Amortize" (assuming you haven't re-named the file) at a command prompt.

Using the Application
If it's not self-explanatory, I've failed and you should let me know how.

Uninstallation
Delete the Amortize.exe (again, assuming you haven't re-named it) file.

Tips
If you are refinancing, try 15 and 20 year mortgage terms as well. You may be surprised, as the interest rates for those loans are lower. You may also be surprised how much you save by paying an extra $10/month on a loan of any size.

Known Issues
It's not very pretty, but you can choose your own payment table colors. (It doesn't remember them, though)

mouser:
Glad to have another NANY participant!
ps. can you make your download link into a link -- just start it with http:// should do it.

skwire:
Looks great from the screenshot.  However, when I try to run it, I get the following error:

--- ---The program can't start because libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

jroman:
Oops! Forgot to static the gcc & stdc++ libs for release. Thanks for the heads-up.

I've uploaded one that will work for you, and everyone else  8), at the same location.

skwire:
Works fine now.  Well done.   :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version