topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NASA’s Curiosity rover finds more evidence that Mars was once habitable  (Read 2890 times)

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
"But the evidence of this groundwater system potentially extends the period of time when Mars could have been habitable. And that increases the odds that life formed there. "
http://www.theverge....e-crater-mount-sharp

Was it that "we" were living in Mars and made all the latest science technology advances, like today and killed all our natural resources, like nowadays and started looking for another planet to shift, like we are doing now and found Earth habitable.

This looks more likely to me. We destroyed our planet Mars then. Now we are doing same to Earth.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
"But the evidence of this groundwater system potentially extends the period of time when Mars could have been habitable. And that increases the odds that life formed there. "
http://www.theverge....e-crater-mount-sharp

Was it that "we" were living in Mars and made all the latest science technology advances, like today and killed all our natural resources, like nowadays and started looking for another planet to shift, like we are doing now and found Earth habitable.

This looks more likely to me. We destroyed our planet Mars then. Now we are doing same to Earth.

If we were living on Mars, and made all the technological advances and such..then moved to Earth...where are all the habitats and such? Why would we move to Earth but not bring any of that knowledge/tech?  :tellme:

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Journalists' editors are constantly seeking insubstantial but eye-grabbing headlines to turn dross into gold and catch the unwary reader's attention.
Statistically, there must be zillions of potentially habitable (by "life as we know it, Jim") planets in the universe, so I'd probably be more inclined to pay attention to this particular exciting headline:
NASA’s Curiosity rover finds evidence that Mars was once inhabited.
I'm not absolutely sure, but I seem to recall as a child reading something by Swedenborg (I think it may have been his Arcana Coelestia) where it was indicated that Mars had indeed once been inhabited by life - now departed, but with a now residual spiritual dimension.
Who knows? He may well have been right!
His Arcana Coelestia certainly impressed me as having a solid philosophical construction, though he was apparently a bit of a heretic in his time.

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
If we were living on Mars, and made all the technological advances and such..then moved to Earth...where are all the habitats and such? Why would we move to Earth but not bring any of that knowledge/tech?  :tellme:

Right. It did come to my mind. I found the answer in "Pyramid of Egypt". There are more around the Earth which we still can not explain with our knowledge till now. So maybe we did bring the knowledge/tech.

But why we lost them ? To get this answer I take myself to Mars as of now.

If I go to Mars today, I will carry my Phone, Laptop, foods, oxygen (maybe) etc. So I am carrying some thing to survive and latest technology. I need electricity but I can not carry electric plant, which is so obvious here.

Anyway when I reach Mars, I must have this connection from Earth to survive and also have the latest gadgets running. By any means, if I get cut off. I will only have human power and energy with me to survive. My knowledge and skill. I will have to find ways to get food, shelter etc. to survive. Add to it many other like me and even some couples. We can imagine what will happen as the population grows.

I am not insisting that this happened when we came to Earth. It is just logical with what we are seeing here and what we know till now.

Regards,

Anand