ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

MS Virtual PC is now free

<< < (3/4) > >>

zridling:
Don't forget to add my favorite, Altiris SVS. I like VMWare, but for evaluating software, Altiris is super simple, easy, and flexible. Oh, and free.

broken85:
Dammit, this looked awesome until I found out they have no version for x64 and no release date. Vista will probably be out by then and it will sort of defeat the purpose. Or maybe they'll roll it out soon.

(VirtualPC is still on the list for this month's drawing. Hopefully nobody ranked it too much higher than some of the other goodies on the list ;D)

mouser:
yeah, i have a few donated boxed copies of virtualpc from microsoft..
hmm maybe now we know why they donated them..

mwb1100:
Dammit, this looked awesome until I found out they have no version for x64 and no release date.
-broken85 (July 15, 2006, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm probably soundling like a broken record by now, but...

MS Virtual Server supports x64 (as a host - not guest VMs).  Functionally, it's pretty much the same as VPC (no soundcard support in the VMs), but it's not as user-friendly.  Even though support is advertised for Windows Server OS's , it'll run on WinXP Pro no problem.

Also, VMware has the free VMware Server which supports x64 (even in the guest VMs if you have the right CPU - not all x64 CPUs support this).

Baseman:
I'm using VMware and testing Vista inside of it and works like a dream...Afew hiccups but I'm sure in time VMware Workstation will sort itself out(Updates)...Just waiting for the RCI...Glass effects,Areo and speed very good...3 Cheers! for VMware workstation 5.5...PS: Wonder when VMware are going to have an update?...It's about time...Anyone Know?...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version