ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Light Alloy limited-time discount

<< < (2/2)

Carol Haynes:
OK I have been playing with it and it is very pretty ... but what does it do that WMPlayer doesn't?? (apart from not play MPG files). I know I can play RM and QT videos in it too (but is that because I already have those codecs on my system?)

superboyac:
I haven't had any problems playing mpeg files with it.  I'm sure like most players (besides ones like vlc), Light Alloy just uses the codecs already on the computer, but I can't be sure.  So, I'm assuming you can RM and QT files because they are already installed.  This is true for me when I use MPC.

Light Alloy doesn't really do anything that WMPlayer can't do, it's just that it does it better and is very lightweight.  It's playlist features are better, mouse features are customizable, and it has cool OSD features like Zoom Player.

Actually, I probably wouldn't have gotten it if it was $19 like it is, but when it was $10, it was a bargain.  Call me cheap.

Carol Haynes:
"Cheap" "Cheap" ...

JavaJones:
I have installed the trial. I will play with it a bit but I am not sure what makes it with $20 with several very good free players around. Bad attitude, right? :D It does have a shiny UI. :P Can the playlist be detached?

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version