ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Process Tamer - New 2.14 Beta (win32 AND x64 version) - Feedback wanted

<< < (2/7) > >>

mouser:
New x64 build with additional support for high-dpi displays:

* https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/proctamer/downloads/x64/ProcessTamerSetup.exe
* or https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/proctamer/downloads/x64/ProcessTamerPortable.zip
Let me know how it works for you.

desiree101:
Thanks! Just a couple of questions, how does this version work with 32bit games? I play some on a 64build Windows 10 system, they don't show up on the process list (unless I uncheck 'Hide 1% Normal CPU).
Is that working right? They always showed on the last version, which I assume was the 32bit version. Their usage was much higher than 1% too. I actually found that version to be doing more with them than this one and the games didn't lag as much with v.2.11.01 as they do using the 64build Process Tamer.
Can you explain why there are such differences and which one I should use for lag-free gaming?

mouser:
This version should work identically for 32bit processes.
It sounds like they are not taking up as much of your cpu on the new machine  -- so there's nothing really for Process Tamer to do.. Which is a good thing :)
If there are OTHER processes on the pc that are using up lots of cpu, it's THOSE processes that you might want to lower the priority for.

You could also try enabling the function "Boost Foreground Process to High Priority" to boost the speed of any game that you are playing.. Though that's a bit of an extreme action to take.

desiree101:
Ah yes, that makes sense. Yes, this machine is much more better than my last build - I'm still playing some of my old 32bit games on it, I don't want to give them up :)
Okay, so I'll try and lower the priority of some of the listed process (that Firefox is a monster!)
Thank you!

IainB:
Not sure why, but this latest version of ProcessTamer doesn't seem to work fully.
ProcessTamerConfigurator.exe is v2.13.1.0
ProcessTamerTray.exe is v2.0.10.1

ProcessHacker shows the PT process as running OK, and its icon sits in the Systray, but it can't seem to come up with the About or Configure panels.

I shall investigate to see if I have some settings or something somehow left over from the previous version and which might possibly be messing it up.
I shall also check whether I have all the latest Windows OS updates.

PC is an HP Pavilion-15 laptop with an Intel i7 CPU, running Win10-64 PRO.

UPDATE: 2017-03-26 1449hrs
I made these changes, which seemed to fix it:

* Set PORTABLE=TRUE in ConfigDir.ini file (may not be relevant for all users).

* Set CONFIGDIR = . in ConfigDir.ini file (may not be relevant for all users).

* Restored old DonationCoder_processtamer_InstallInfo.dat file to application folder (C:\UTIL\Windows utilities\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\ProcessTamer).

* Restored old DonationCoder_processtamer_Key.dat file to application folder (C:\UTIL\Windows utilities\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\ProcessTamer).
I can confirm that PT seems to have no problem with either killing processes or adjusting the CPU priority of processes, with the several 32-bit and 64-bit apps that I have tried so far.

The only shortcoming seems to be that the PT Configure pane suffers - in common with most other @mouser apps -  from the excessively minuscule and apparently 1-pixel thick character font, making it difficult to read without magnification or specs of some sort (for those with imperfect vision).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version