ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Feature request] FARR retina (high-dpi) aware ?

<< < (2/5) > >>

skajfes:
I have a 2736×1824 px screen on my surface 4, not sure if that classifies as retina, but it is a higher dpi than my regular screens. Also font scaling is set to 200%.
Anywhay, this is how it looks:

Maybe you're having trouble with the theme?

nitrix-ud:
Hi skajfes,

no trouble with the theme.

As you can see on this commented capture, the fonts in FARR are not high DPI aware ("not retina")

You can see the difference (4 times more pixels...) between the FARR windows Title (drawn by windows 10) and the result list.

On the capture, behind FARR, you can see Directory Opus, which is now fully high dpi aware (since dopus 12)
see dopus doc

Having a fully high-DPI aware application does not come that easy, i know FARR is THE best software in the universe but nonetheless mouser will have some work to do  :D

nitrix-ud:
your screen is 267ppi !

i think we can call it a retina display ;) (regular screen is about 100ppi)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_Pro_4

mouser:
If you go into the font override options tab and set the flag to use your custom font overrides and then change the fonts to something like Arial, is there any improvement or is it still blurry?
If you exit FARR and then create a new shortcut to FARR but right-click on the shortcut property and in compatibility tab tell it to disable scaling, any improvement?

nitrix-ud:
If you go into the font override options tab and set the flag to use your custom font overrides and then change the fonts to something like Arial, is there any improvement or is it still blurry?
--- End quote ---
no improvement, of course if you take a pixel font it will look sharp because there is no anti-aliasing to begin with...

If you exit FARR and then create a new shortcut to FARR but right-click on the shortcut property and in compatibility tab tell it to disable scaling, any improvement?
--- End quote ---
Seems like the font is much nicer, looks retina to me, BUT, the other elements are not scaled properly, some tweaking can be done... like increasing the editbox height, result height, ... but maybe there are some tweaking to do on your side ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version