ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

C Users Journal Nostalgia

<< < (2/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
Nice to see some of your work, Mr. Kelly.  :Thmbsup:
-cranioscopical (December 03, 2016, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you.  :)

MilesAhead:
Nice!!!!  :up:
-mouser (December 03, 2016, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Mouser.  :)

MilesAhead:
btw in the Online Archive Search some of my articles seem to have been attributed to one Michael A. Kelly.  I am not he.  I am a completely self-taught guy.  GED is the only degree I hold. :)  I just wanted to avoid any confusion.  I don't want to try to notify anyone at the archive as they are unlikely to try to fix it or if they did there's a chance the listings may disappear altogether due to some glitch.

In any case I am most likely the only one doing searches on my name there.  :)

Stoic Joker:
I am a completely self-taught guy.  GED is the only degree I hold.
-MilesAhead (December 05, 2016, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here. :Thmbsup: ...I think it shows more drive to make it that way than being led by the hand and told what to learn.

MilesAhead:
I am a completely self-taught guy.  GED is the only degree I hold.
-MilesAhead (December 05, 2016, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here. :Thmbsup: ...I think it shows more drive to make it that way than being led by the hand and told what to learn.
-Stoic Joker (December 06, 2016, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh.  I can see some benefit adhering to a syllabus.  But I can tell people have a bit of envy when they encounter the self-taught.  You can choose what to read and focus on.  As example I played around for a few hours trying to write a recursive descent parser in C.  Then I asked myself "do I really need to know how to do this when I could just use Lexx and Yacc?"  Well, maybe if I was going to rewrite those tools.  Otherwise...   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version