ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

grab urls

<< < (9/16) > >>

Deozaan:
I downloaded from your link and Windows Defender immediately flagged it with the same results you got, Stephen.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fOccamy.C&threatid=2147726780

EDIT: Something is really fishy about the site. The download links redirect you to all sorts of places before finally ending up on Mega. And supposedly JDownloader is Open Source but I couldn't find the source code.

4wd:
I downloaded from your link and Windows Defender immediately flagged it with the same results you got, Stephen.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fOccamy.C&threatid=2147726780
-Deozaan (April 24, 2018, 12:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is completely weird then, Defender is up to date - it's also strange that Microsoft report something completely different via VirusTotal, (PUA:Win32/Creprote - Potentially Unwanted Application, I'm guessing), for both the RAR and EXE.

And supposedly JDownloader is Open Source but I couldn't find the source code.-Deozaan (April 24, 2018, 12:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

It seems to be available via SVN repository, (old version at GitHub).

Something is really fishy about the site. The download links redirect you to all sorts of places before finally ending up on Mega.
--- End quote ---

It appears to be their own CDN, (there's ~3 fetch.jdcdn.org links it redirects through):

--- Code: Text ---Whois query for jdcdn.org...Results returned from whois.publicinterestregistry.net:Domain Name: JDCDN.ORGRegistrant Name: Thomas RechenmacherRegistrant Organization: AppWork GmbH
AppWork is the company that wrote JDownloader.

KynloStephen66515:

EDIT: Something is really fishy about the site. The download links redirect you to all sorts of places before finally ending up on Mega. And supposedly JDownloader is Open Source but I couldn't find the source code.
-Deozaan (April 24, 2018, 12:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah that's what struck me as odd - The CDN redirect didn't concern me that much but then being bounced around until finally landing on mega (why use a CDN if you're just gonna host your download elsewhere?) - The download was flagged and stopped by Chrome by Windows Defender (images above).

The whole thing just strikes me as very very odd indeed.

Note: In case the developer of JDownloader pops by and reads this, I'm not suggesting that the software IS bad/malware, I'm simply pointing out that it FEELS that way (again, the report from Defender could certainly be a false positive, and it wouldn't be the first time that has happened).

Deozaan:
Something is really fishy about the site. The download links redirect you to all sorts of places before finally ending up on Mega.
--- End quote ---

It appears to be their own CDN, (there's ~3 fetch.jdcdn.org links it redirects through):

--- Code: Text ---Whois query for jdcdn.org...Results returned from whois.publicinterestregistry.net:Domain Name: JDCDN.ORGRegistrant Name: Thomas RechenmacherRegistrant Organization: AppWork GmbH
AppWork is the company that wrote JDownloader.
-4wd (April 24, 2018, 12:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I figured jdcdn was JDownloader CDN, but the final redirect before ending up on Mega was some fishy looking firsturl.de (archived link) site. It looked like one of those sites that forces you to wait 30 seconds viewing ads before allowing you to get to the real link. Except it didn't force me to wait and just redirected me to Mega after a second or so. Seems it's just a URL shortener/tracker link.

kalos:
I just downloaded JDownloader and it instantly got killed by my system with a "Severe" threat level, because of: Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C

I was only doing this so I could poke through the installation and have a looksie what's going on but now I'm curious if this is a FP or otherwise?  I got the download from http://jdownloader.org/download/index which redirected me to a mega.nz link in order to download "Install JDownloader.rar".

**edit**

I've googled to check if anybody else has had this show up with JDownloader and found nothing...which has me even more curious now.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
[ Invalid Attachment ]
-Stephen66515 (April 23, 2018, 09:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting, what system do you have?
To be honest, I may did a mistake and installed the toolbars the installer offers at the begining.
But isn't there a way to clean my system? I still get the fake google results.
I have tried everything RogueKiller, Zemana, MalwareBytes, AdwCleaner, JRT, with no luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version