ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

grab urls

<< < (6/16) > >>

wraith808:
I don't feel comfortable using WGET. I need a GUI so that I can see the progress etc.

Is there a GUI download manager that will allow me to download a list of urls, from a login website, delaying 5 seconds between each attempt? Ideally, it could scan the links of the url and download any files of specific extensions in those urls?

-kalos (April 14, 2018, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Downthemall might do it.  I haven't used it in forever.  It probably wouldn't do it as is- what you'd have to do is make a simple site with the links, and then open it in firefox.  All of this is, however, speculative, as I haven't tried it.

4wd:
I don't feel comfortable using WGET. I need a GUI so that I can see the progress etc.

Is there a GUI download manager that will allow me to download a list of urls, from a login website, delaying 5 seconds between each attempt? Ideally, it could scan the links of the url and download any files of specific extensions in those urls?-kalos (April 14, 2018, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Downthemall might do it.-wraith808 (April 14, 2018, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was suggested, he doesn't like it or it's too complicated.

JDownloader as suggested by Deozaan could most likely handle it, (logging in and downloading), but if he baulks at DownThemAll he's going to have no hope with JDownloader.

I don't feel comfortable using WGET. I need a GUI so that I can see the progress etc.-kalos (April 14, 2018, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

It outputs it's progress to the CLI window.

kalos:
It's not that I don't like DownThemAll.
First, it doesn't work with latest Firefox.
Second, it doesn't have the option to download urls with delay between them, it will crash the server and get me banned!

tomos:
^ already addressed AFAICS.
And you say you can use a different browser - try PaleMoon or Firefox ESR I gave Downthemall a try, but is there a way to make the downloads delay every x seconds so that I won't abuse the server???
-kalos (December 02, 2016, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
You can configure concurrent downloads and downloads-per-server in DownThemAll - that really should be all you need to to avoid "abusing" anything :)
-f0dder (December 27, 2016, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

4wd:
^ already addressed AFAICS.
And you say you can use a different browser - try PaleMoon or Firefox ESR
I gave Downthemall a try, but is there a way to make the downloads delay every x seconds so that I won't abuse the server???
-kalos (December 02, 2016, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
You can configure concurrent downloads and downloads-per-server in DownThemAll - that really should be all you need to to avoid "abusing" anything :)
-f0dder (December 27, 2016, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

-tomos (April 19, 2018, 11:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

dTA! can't insert a delay between downloads, the next is fired off as soon as the previous finishes.

wget can insert a delay, (including a random delay).

--- Code: Text ---@echo offwget --save-cookies cookies.txt --keep-session-cookies --post-data 'user=foo&password=bar' --delete-after http://server.com/auth.phpwget --load-cookies cookies.txt --secure-protocol="auto" --no-http-keep-alive -w 60 --random-wait --input-file="list.txt"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version