ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Do you use a good office chair when programming?

<< < (13/13)

tomos:
Oups -- just now, I see it's described as 'standing support' :o
-tomos (March 27, 2017, 06:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

What exactly does that term mean? When I read that, I conjured an image in my mind of how I used to use a standing desk at one of the places I used to work, resting one knee on a folding chair of the perfect height, keeping one foot off the floor, switching about once per hour to give the other foot a rest. I suppose having something of adjustable height, without a back, and a firm padded seat (like that "chair"), would probably have been more comfortable than the folding chair I used.
-app103 (March 31, 2017, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I dont think it would be good as a 'standing chair', not one where you half-sit at any rate: like using an exercise ball, I'd be sliding off the edge of the domed seat, with all the complications that the combination of clothes and sliding give :-/
I've never actually done standing at a desk myself, but the knee method sounds interesting.

app103:
I've never actually done standing at a desk myself, but the knee method sounds interesting.
-tomos (March 31, 2017, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

It was out of necessity, since standing for 10+ hours was killing my feet. I am just lucky the length of my legs (from knee to floor) was perfect for that folding chair.

tomos:
-tomos (March 31, 2017, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

It was out of necessity, since standing for 10+ hours was killing my feet. I am just lucky the length of my legs (from knee to floor) was perfect for that folding chair.
-app103 (March 31, 2017, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

different scenario, but I found having to stand around (for work, e.g. selling) a killer as well.
I'd much prefer to sit -- or move.

skwire:
I bought a Maverick A4 chair from Office Depot ten years ago and it still looks near brand new.  It's astonishing, really, if you consider how many hours I've got in this chair.  When I'm not travelling for work, I work from home so you can imagine the amount of work (and play) time I have in this seat.  I did have to replace the height-adjustment piston a few years ago but that's to be expected as they don't last forever.  The chair actually has a ten-year warranty on it, too.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/277968/WorkPro-Maverick-Multifunction-High-Back-Fabric/

Do you use a good office chair when programming?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version