ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Problem: CHS consistently very slow to display clips. Need workaround or fix.

<< < (3/4) > >>

IainB:
Yesterday, I set CHS.exe to "Run this program as an Administrator" for all Users, but it seemed to make no difference then or later.
I have left it set as that.

IainB:
Out of interest, I set the Temp setting to force the Temp directory to the System temp directory: R:\Temp\ (2) <--{this is copied from the Statistics pane; I am not sure what the number (2) signifies.}
R:\ is a RAM disk with dynamically assigned size (created by ImDisk ToolKit). Is very stable.
I then restarted CHS.

The result seemed to be a much faster movement up/down the Grid, but still stuttering. with some pauses being about 3 or 4 seconds, and in those cases the difference between the clips seemed to be insignificant.

I have retained this setting to R:\Temp\ since it seems to be an improvement.
However, the problem remains.

IainB:
I used Process Hacker to restart RuntimeBroker.exe, as the latter has proven to be a constipating factor for the performance of several other processes, however the restart of RuntimeBroker.exe seemed to make no apparent difference to the performance of CHS.

I'm running out of ideas for performance tweaks for CHS now.

IainB:
Sorry. This post made in error and retracted.
Had not got all my facts right.
Working on it.

IainB:
@mouser: I have drawn a blank.
Despite all the fiddling about, the problem persists and is inconsistent.
I was able to eliminate the problem by reducing the database to 14 clips!!!
(So the problem may be related to DB size.)

In a DB of (now) 600+ rows, CHS can sometimes be scrolling very fast, and then - Whammo! - it's back to the stuttering 1 to 3 second delays in screen display - and that's scrolling over new stuff it hasn't scrolled over yet and re-scrolling over stuff it's already scrolled over. Very frustrating.

Are you any nearer to making a debug version - as you mentioned above - that reports how long it took to "load" each clip, so we can see what kind of pattern we are looking at?
(Thanks.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version