ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Problem: CHS consistently very slow to display clips. Need workaround or fix.

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
Let me make you a debug version that reports how long it took to "load" each clip, then we can see what kind of pattern we are looking at.
Does it help the speed if you turn off spell checking? (click the small button in the memo panel toolbar with ABC checkmark).

IainB:
Let me make you a debug version that reports how long it took to "load" each clip, then we can see what kind of pattern we are looking at.
Does it help the speed if you turn off spell checking? (click the small button in the memo panel toolbar with ABC checkmark).
-mouser (November 22, 2016, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks. A timer log could be useful.

I usually have spell checking turned ON. I switched it off, and the stuttering (pausing) display seemed a bit quicker. So I turned spell checking back on, and it was definitely a bit slower, so that's a partial workaround - switch spell checking OFF. (I rarely use/rely on it anyway.)

I shall fiddle about with the settings a bit more to see if I can make the problem better or worse.

IainB:
Not relevant, but interesting; I just discovered that:

* EverDesk
* FARR
* InfoBase
* PageFour
* SynWrite
* Tomahawk
* WinOrganiser
 - all use dictionary files with the .adu filename extension.

Presumably, they could all be using the same/similar spelling engine and autocorrect.adu file contents. That would be sensible. Would mean some duplication.
Hmm. File sizes are a close match.
EverDesk And InfoBase have an identical checksum for their 54KB autocorrect.adu files.

IainB:
An outstanding bug. Probably not relevant to my prob, but may be relevant to timing on copy (?):
Grab browser URL as Notes is ON, but only seems to work in Firefox and IE

IainB:
Copy of CHS Statistics, as at 2016-11-24 0007hrs:
Information:
   Database File: C:\UTIL\Windows utilities\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\Clipboard Help+Spell\Database\ClipboardHelpAndSpell
   Temp Directory: C:\UTIL\Windows utilities\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\Clipboard Help+Spell\Database\Temp (0)

Totals:
   Text Clips Added To Database: 16437  (4.84mb)
   Image Clips Added to Database: 916  (224.55mb)
   Items Pasted: 2878
This Run
   Text Clips Added To Database: 61  (38.60kb)
   Image Clips Added to Database: 0  (0b)
   Items Pasted: 8
This Run, Total Detected Clipboard Events: 813
   DB Retryable Errors: 0 (0)
   ClipEvents Triggered: 836
   ClipEvents Processed: 805
   ClipEvents TooSoon: 661
   ClipEvents Identical: 18
   ClipEvents Duplicate: 3
   ClipEvents Ignore: 8
   ClipEvents TooBig: 0
   ClipEvents BadFocus: 66