Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • December 04, 2016, 02:28:33 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Donating Prizes for NANY 2017?  (Read 232 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Donating Prizes for NANY 2017?
« on: November 17, 2016, 10:05:50 AM »
I was thinking maybe we could have members donate some prizes to be given away to NANY 2017 coders.

I have a few older laptops that are in ok condition and are still quite usable that I could donate.  And possibly an android tablet or two.

Donors of prizes would choose who to give their prizes to, and donors would pay shipping costs (so it will cost you a bit to donate a gift!).

Thoughts?

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • "In my dreams, I always do it right."
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Donating Prizes for NANY 2017?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 12:53:55 PM »
There are a couple of things with this - first of all, being that shipping.  I have something I'd be more than happy to contribute, but shipping it overseas would be prohibitive, so I'd want to do domestic, but that doesn't seem fair.  And then there's the idea of if they'd even want it.  How could we surmount these issues?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Donating Prizes for NANY 2017?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 04:08:27 PM »
I figure these would be purely optional bonus little prizes.. so no one entering in NANY will be able to expect anything..  So if someone wants to offer up a prize it may be that no one will want it, and it may be that for cost reasons it can only be shipped within the same country.  They would just be some extras that might be available to spice things up.  Mugs (or tshirts) will go out to everyone who enters as normal.