ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Total Commander v9.00 Public Betas

<< < (4/4)

Tuxman:
Actually, I wasn't banned but deleted due to said ego problems.
So if I were you, I wouldn't judge XYplorer by its author. Of course it's still pretty good software.

mouser:
Tuxman,

I just want to add my voice to those asking that you please try to express yourself in a less hostile way.   No one is saying you can't have and voice your opinions, but do take note that on this forum you are sometimes coming across in a manner that is disrespectful towards others and antagonistic.  And while there may be places and times for that elsewhere, we try hard to avoid that here.

IainB:
Since Tuxman unquestionably falls into the "basket of deplorables" category - and I think we're all agreed there, so, no debate about that - I would suggest that, instead of inhumanely locking him in the sin-bin and throwing away the key, we exhibit some tolerance and at the same time help him to rehabilitate himself and restore his reputation in our eyes.

Put him on home detention for 3 weeks, on the condition that he sits and stares at the Sumatra PDF reader opening screen for a half-hour each morning, without blinking, and meditates upon his deficiencies and what to do about them in the 30 minutes. He is not allowed to wear shoes of any kind, nor shave his face, for the entire 3 weeks.

That would be enough to break anyone and is in fact the very treatment reserved for prisoners in Guantanamo Bay who were able to resist waterboarding - not a lot of people know that. One wouldn't wish it on one's worst enemy. I kid you not.

Tuxman:
He is not allowed to (...) l shave his face, for the entire 3 weeks.
-IainB (November 30, 2016, 10:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wish anyone would see a difference anyway. :(

IainB:
He is not allowed to (...) l shave his face, for the entire 3 weeks.
-IainB (November 30, 2016, 10:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wish anyone would see a difference anyway. :(
-Tuxman (December 01, 2016, 02:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, well give me some credit. I didn't want for the DCF Aufseher to make the punishment too harsh/punitive  - I mean, let's face it, for anyone who thought TotalCommander was f##k-ugly, Sumatra's standard opening screen is not gonna be an easy study, so 30 unblinkimg minutes of that is gonna be pretty unpleasant, so to mitigate that and from your persona icon I figured you were probably one of those people who wandered around the place unshaven and in bare feet anyway (like myself), and if you weren't, then the experience might do you some good. So, overall, the punishment might provide some developmental dissonance, like it is meant to do in Guantanamo Bay - right?

Like the Rivet City security guards in Fallout 3 keep telling my character Rebecca2 (she has low karma):
"You're a low-life, and I've got my eyes on you, but as long as you don't do anything funny, we'll let you stay."
--- End quote ---
Rebecca2 feels that's a pretty tolerant approach, all things considered, and is grateful for the opportunity it affords her to rehabilitate herself.
And, similarly, so should you be, or any other deplorable forum creep for that matter.

I should probably add here the explanatory note that this approach is not an original idea of mine, but is very much based the on the approach taken by my own Aufseherin, who assures me that she only wants what's good for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version