ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New PDF editor: FlexiPDF from SoftMaker

<< < (3/7) > >>

tomos:
For anyone who might want to check out FlexiPDF, there is (currently) a free basic version for download (+ a donation to charity from Softmaker with each download).
See here for details
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=43282.msg404699#msg404699

(Naturally they have a trial of the full/non-basic programme at the main Softmaker site)

Joe Hone:
According to this security researcher, the executable installers for SoftMaker FlexiPDF suffer from a dll hijacking vulnerability:

https://packetstormsecurity.com/files/140514/SoftMaker-FlexiPDF-DLL-Hijacking.html

Cloq:
I am hoping FlexiPDF will have a portable version of these years.

I quite like how the Softmaker Office is portable.

Curt:
hoping FlexiPDF will have a portable version-Cloq (February 04, 2017, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can the virtual feature "Print to PDF" even be possible in a portable version?
Also, one reason the program is easy to use is because it is part of the context menu.

I am just trying to say that I think it never will be portable.

Cloq:
hoping FlexiPDF will have a portable version-Cloq (February 04, 2017, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can the virtual feature "Print to PDF" even be possible in a portable version?
Also, one reason the program is easy to use is because it is part of the context menu.

I am just trying to say that I think it never will be portable.

-Curt (February 04, 2017, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hm.. I am assuming print to pdf is a "driver", so when you start the program for the first time, it could ask the user if the user would like a pdf printer installed on the machine. Adding to context menu (assuming you mean right click menu) is a registry key, Winrar and 7zip do that on demand, add to context menu.

Basically hoping for a new breed of portable apps, especially the way Win10 is shaping up.  :mad:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version