topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:24 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: (urgent) Need AMD/ATI Catalyst Software: CCC 15.7 WHQL - Windows 7 BSOD  (Read 4691 times)

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello,

I have a nasty BSOD problem with atikmpag.sys (and my Radeon 5650). Windows can only be started in Safe Mode (and a really bad screen resolution), but after spending many hours to look for solutions and trying some of them I'm confident that what I now need is to install the CCC 15.7 WHQL.

Sadly, I can only find version 15.7.1 and that's not fixing the BSOD.

Does anyone here have better search skills or the version 15.7 installer still on their HD?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If they did a .1 fix they probably pulled the previous driver from their download page.  I would try the Wayback Machine Web Archive

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If this was an update that went bad, try doing a driver rollback with Device Manager.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wayback didn't help and rolling back (sadly) wasn't an option, but I now contacted the AMD support. They pointed me to the 15.7 version (http://support.amd.c...0-%2064&rev=15.7). Fingers crossed!

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wayback didn't help and rolling back (sadly) wasn't an option, but I now contacted the AMD support. They pointed me to the 15.7 version (http://support.amd.c...0-%2064&rev=15.7). Fingers crossed!

Cool.  Good luck with it.   :Thmbsup:

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
brotherS, I feel your pain. Let us know how you get on.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@dr_andus: yeah, that sucks...

Turned out the AMD gfx card had developed a hardware issue, and since my Vaio model didn't allow to replace it, it was time for a new PC.  :down:

I decided to buy an Acer, and am just in the process of installing everything. I love how quiet it is!  :up: