topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Send to Trello or Send to GitHub  (Read 2861 times)

ur006327

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Send to Trello or Send to GitHub
« on: October 04, 2016, 09:35 PM »
We have been searching for a tool that will enable us to do screenshots, add some markup/annotations and then send the screenshot directly to TRELLO or GITHUB (to create card or issues respectively).  There is an extension for Chrome called Marker (getmarker.io) that does this but it only takes screenshots of what is in the browser window and that's not always helpful (and it is expensive).

SnagIt (from TechSmith) enables you to send to Evernote, OneNote and a few others but not to Trello or GitHub.

Any chance that this feature can be included?  :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Send to Trello or Send to GitHub
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 10:03 PM »
I definitely need to add more uploading options to Screenshot Captor.

Having said that, a main design motivation for me was to be able to support 3rd party tools, and I've tried to make it easy to use such tools from within Screenshot Captor.

So, if you can find a context menu shell extension that can upload files to those services, you can simply right-click on the thumbnail of the image in Screenshot Captor to utilize such a tool.
And/or if you can find a tool that can take a commandline filepath to specify the file to upload, you can configure such a tool for use with Screenshot Captor (and in fact we can share such commandline-tool wrappers).

So the first question should be, are there existing commandline or shell-extension tools for uploading to these services?