I don't get notifications. Am I just dumb? - DonationCoder.com
Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site May 25, 2015, 08:35:44 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: I don't get notifications. Am I just dumb?  (Read 1943 times)
ayryq
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 28, 2015, 07:58:14 AM »

I don't get email notifications to threads I'm "following" or which I started. I think I have all the settings right, and I feel like I used to get them sometimes.

If someone could let me know the email address they come from I could make sure it's whitelisted with my ISP... otherwise I wonder if I'm just missing something simple.

* Screenshot - 4_28_2015 , 8_52_55 AM.png (103.32 KB, 936x719 - viewed 11 times.)
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 09:37:01 AM »

when you post to a thread (click preview if using quick-reply) check to see if "Notify me of replies" is ticked (see below) by default. It should be with your settings.
(Either way this still a problem for mouser & co).

Tom
ayryq
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 09:58:56 AM »

If I click the "notify" link in the blue bar at bottom right, I get a message "Are you sure you wish to disable notification of new replies for this topic?"

So I presume the forum knows I'm supposed to get them. And the "Notify me of replies" box is ticked as I type this.
ayryq
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 06:52:37 AM »

Just to check, can someone tell me the "from" address for a donationcoder forum notification email?

Thanks
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 12:57:31 PM »

Just to check, can someone tell me the "from" address for a donationcoder forum notification email?

From: "DonationCoder.com Forum" <admin@donationcoder.com>

Chris
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 02:07:11 PM »

I've set my settings same as your's above ayryq, will let you know if it works here

Tom
ayryq
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 02:16:47 PM »

I just got a notification from you, tomos. I had just whitelisted the address cranioscopical provided (I use SpamAssassin through bluehost). So probably that was the problem.

I have SpamAssassin set to automatically delete. One of the perils of having my real email address all over the whois registry is spam volume.

Thanks,
Eric
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 06:57:48 PM »

I just got a notification from you, tomos. I had just whitelisted the address cranioscopical provided

Thmbsup

Chris
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 06:34:18 AM »

I just got a notification from you, tomos. I had just whitelisted the address cranioscopical provided

great, that seems to be sorted smiley

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.036s | Server load: 0 ]

Share on Facebook
submit to reddit