topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:20 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: window killer  (Read 4589 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
window killer
« on: September 26, 2016, 10:35 PM »
Some programs like kmplayer often appears an emerging window i would like to close automatically.

Any good program to do this ?

Best Regards

Cloq

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: window killer
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 02:06 PM »
Not sure what exactly you mean by emerging windows from kmplayer... popups? Is the application adware driven/installer?

If this is what you are talking about www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LIZrSuozf8, then you might want to choose another player.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:37 PM »
If you mean anything like I think you mean, I suggest you search the forum for "PTFB", and similar software.  Many threads mention it, e.g this one: Recommended replacement for Push The Friggin Button (PTFB)?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 04:57 PM »
If the window has a unique title then it could be done with a few lines of AHK

Code: Autohotkey [Select]
  1. {
  2.   WinWait,unique window title
  3. }

That is if it is just a plain old window that has a caption bar.  If it is a toolbar that may be another story.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 05:56 AM »
Not sure what exactly you mean by emerging windows from kmplayer... popups? Is the application adware driven/installer?

If this is what you are talking about www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LIZrSuozf8, then you might want to choose another player.

a difficult video. I can't see what is doing. Apply to IE or any browser ?
blocked sites seems to be.

What I have tried with success is limit the connections of kmplayer to internet. I will update when i need.

I am thinking the same about microsoft store reminding me about applications i have solved .

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 05:57 AM »
If you mean anything like I think you mean, I suggest you search the forum for "PTFB", and similar software.  Many threads mention it, e.g this one: Recommended replacement for Push The Friggin Button (PTFB)?
Running to try

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 10:33 AM »
from Cloq:

How do I remove ads from KMplayer and how to disable box in kmplayer Disable Advertising Sidebar In Kmplayer.

If you installed the new version of Kmplayer (3.7). Without any disable option, you should see a advertisement (ads) slide panel in right side & even in the full screen view.

Although they said this player is free, It seems likes developers of the Kmplayer are going to make some money now. this is called "Adware".

This ads panel appears only when you connected to the internet. So if you want to to remove / disable advertising sidebar in Kmplayer you should disable internet accessing by the Kmplayer software.

to disable internet access by kmplayer

In Windows computers,

Method 1 (easy)

Go to internet explorer Internet options (on Internet Properties window) Security tab click on Restricted site click (button below) sites add this URL on that box player.kmpmedia.net
& Close.

Method 1 (for Pros)

Open 'host' file in windows

c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/host

add

127.0.0.1 player.kmpmedia.net

Using one of above methods you can prevent the kmplayer to connect to the internet and no sidebar will appear!

And,
if you don't know how to do this, you can use version like Use KMPlayer 3.6.0.87.exe witch was comes with ads free.

player.kmpmedia.net
-Saimir Sadiku on YouTube

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 05:00 PM »
If the window has a unique title then it could be done with a few lines of AHK

Code: Autohotkey [Select]
  1. {
  2.   WinWait,unique window title
  3. }

That is if it is just a plain old window that has a caption bar.  If it is a toolbar that may be another story.

The mother of almost everything for real programmers.
 :-\
How many years i have been in donationcoder.com ?
Have I put a proper single line of programmation ?
 :-[
I remember so many years ago with AutoIt. Even translating the commands and tutorials to spanish.
And when I needed a script allways have been programmers better prepared than me.
I began to forget the tutorials and the commands.
Seems more easy try to find the scripts written by others that try to write anything.
The more difficult script I have done may be of the number of lines like the above one.
Or the adapted scripts from Phrase Express.
The longest scripts i have written have been in dBASE III , 16 bits.
Curiously I remember allmost every command of that language.
Certainly is an advantage for the professional programmer have such a lot of programming languages ( C+, Cobol, Java, HTML5, etc etc).
But for not real programmer is a way to kill any real possibility.
 :-*
As you know for a while MilesAhead i have been a beggar for scripts in DC for years.
And trying to document constantly I feel now more free.
In this case I fear that I fail again because autoclicker and similar software was a target for me in june 2012
But now i am documenting again and trying to remember better than the last time.

Best Regards
 :P

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 05:04 PM »
from Cloq:

How do I remove ads from KMplayer and how to disable box in kmplayer Disable Advertising Sidebar In Kmplayer.

If you installed the new version of Kmplayer (3.7). Without any disable option, you should see a advertisement (ads) slide panel in right side & even in the full screen view.

Although they said this player is free, It seems likes developers of the Kmplayer are going to make some money now. this is called "Adware".

This ads panel appears only when you connected to the internet. So if you want to to remove / disable advertising sidebar in Kmplayer you should disable internet accessing by the Kmplayer software.

to disable internet access by kmplayer

In Windows computers,

Method 1 (easy)

Go to internet explorer Internet options (on Internet Properties window) Security tab click on Restricted site click (button below) sites add this URL on that box player.kmpmedia.net
& Close.

Method 1 (for Pros)

Open 'host' file in windows

c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/host

add

127.0.0.1 player.kmpmedia.net

Using one of above methods you can prevent the kmplayer to connect to the internet and no sidebar will appear!

And,
if you don't know how to do this, you can use version like Use KMPlayer 3.6.0.87.exe witch was comes with ads free.

player.kmpmedia.net
-Saimir Sadiku on YouTube
It's a good method indeed !!!!!!!!

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 05:05 PM »

A real lot of auto click software.

Do you recommend one as the very best ?