topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature Request: Automatically "Connecting" elements to others  (Read 10861 times)

JEdwardP

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Mouser,

You said the other week that if I had any suggestions, post away, and after using TFLM for awhile, the following occurs to me:

Could you code a way to automatically "connect" created elements to other ones? That is, make it so that we can choose to have an item selected whenever certain others are selected.

As an example, my config tree I set up for customer service e-mail now contains five checkbox items for common customer issues, and four radio buttons for closings. Now, suppose whenever issue "x" is checked, I know that I will always want to use closing "z".

I find that, for me at least, the ability to have "z" automatically selected whenever "x" has been manually selected would be a significant enhancement.

If this is ALREADY possible, please advise, and accept my apology for having missed it.

Thanks,

Jim
Did you know me when I was human, or had I already mutated into this?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature Request: Automatically "Connecting" elements to others
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 10:52 PM »
it's a good idea.. i would just have to figure out an efficient way of doing it..

one thing i was thinking of adding which would be quite easy, would not be quite what you want but would be usable to do some of what you want is making it easier to save and load settings of radio/checkboxes from a menu.  that way you could save common configurations of them.

JEdwardP

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 11:06 PM »
That method should work, too, as long as I had the ability to custom-name the menu items, such as "Shipping Delay Letter", "New Customer Welcome", etc. And as long as I still had the ability to do quick edits.

Jim
Did you know me when I was human, or had I already mutated into this?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 01:49 AM »
right, this would let you name them as you want, and you could of course modify the settings afterwards.
it's main purpose would be used to initialize settings to some preset values.