ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (30/51) > >>

kalos:
Yeah, I did try that but you are not enabled to paste anything in the dialpad while there is active call.

4wd:
I'm also looking for a new android phone. Is there any suggestion, I will use for working only, but it needs to run fast, quality camera, call for long hours. My budget is 300 dollar  ;D-DidierAubin87 (November 16, 2017, 03:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

It would help if you gave a country, not all mobile networks are the same, ie. the bands available in one country might not be available in another thus limiting what model to buy and where from.

Quality camera in a phone less than $300 isn't going to be easy unless you buy a previous (older) flagship model.

Dual SIM
External Storage (Hybrid slot or dedicated in the case of Dual SIM)
Sensors (eg. Gyroscope, eCompass, etc)

From my earlier post:

Work out what you want to do with the phone, then work out what functions the phone has to have to fulfil them.
eg.

* If you're going to take 360⁰ photo spheres with the camera, then it has to have gyroscope.
* If you want photo metadata that shows which direction you were facing when you took the photo, then it requires a compass.
* If you want to play games that require tilting/moving the phone, then it has to have an accelerometer.
* If you want to navigate, it has to have a GPS receiver.
* If you just like playing with gadgets, get everything.
* etc
I currently use a Moto G5 Plus (AU version link, other countries have different specs), battery lasts two days (probably three if I didn't play games on it), Quick Charge 2.0 for fast charging, Dual SIM + dedicated uSD slot (4G/3G on the SIMs), pretty close to stock Android which makes it fast, can use the fingerprint scanner as single button navigation (no need for Back, Home, Recent buttons), camera is decent (same sensor as the Samsung S7), 4K video, NFC (great for Android Pay), network unlocked, and it cost less than AU$300 (~US$230).

wraith808:
It would help if you gave a country, not all mobile networks are the same, ie. the bands available in one country might not be available in another thus limiting what model to buy and where from.
-4wd (November 16, 2017, 06:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

It would seem to be Japan from the signature...

wysiwyg125:
I'm also looking for a new android phone. Is there any suggestion, I will use for working only, but it needs to run fast, quality camera, call for long hours. My budget is 300 dollar  ;D . But I don't really Samsung pretty much.
-DidierAubin87 (November 16, 2017, 03:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've had the Moto X Pure/Style for close to two years, it's a pretty solid device. And since it's a few years old you can probably get it for cheaper.

Just a few days ago I took the plunge into the world of custom ROMs and installed LineageOS. Much faster and more responsive, thus far. Not saying I recommend it for everyone but if you do get it you have that option.

Tuxman:
I'll totally get a OnePlus 5T as soon as possible. They officially support custom ROMs.  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version