ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (28/51) > >>

rgdot:
Jump starts the car but the device itself is done for  :P

mouser:
I posted about the one I have here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=32886.msg413317#msg413317

MilesAhead:
Having a few spare, charged batteries available when I travel is a real plus.  I can go longer without having the phone tethered to a wall socket.
--- End quote ---
Actually for that it would seem to be far easier, cheaper, and more flexible to simply buy one of the many large-capacity usb battery pack chargers.
These can charge any device that charges over usb (all mobile phones made in the last decade it seems), many times over.

I have one of these devices, and it can charge/power a phone, tablet, etc. as well as jump start a car, be used as a flashlight, etc.
-mouser (October 04, 2017, 10:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

One of my Computer Repair professors is very into phones.  He has an induction charger.  In the morning he puts the charged batteries in his pocket.  In the evening he puts the spent ones on the induction charger.  I guess he is quite adept at shutting down his phone when the battery is low and snapping off the back.  The removed battery goes into the jacket pocket designated for the discharged ones. It may seem like overkill but in his defense he likes to learn to do all function with all phones to keep up to date.

4wd:
In the morning he puts the charged batteries in his pocket.  In the evening he puts the spent ones on the induction charger.-MilesAhead (October 05, 2017, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like he needs a phone that's better at battery management.

MilesAhead:
In the morning he puts the charged batteries in his pocket.  In the evening he puts the spent ones on the induction charger.-MilesAhead (October 05, 2017, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like he needs a phone that's better at battery management.
-4wd (October 06, 2017, 02:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

He's running multiple phones.  Windows, IPhone and Android based.  Sort of like Leo La Porte on a smaller scale.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version