ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (27/51) > >>

Ath:
Having a few spare, charged batteries available when I travel is a real plus.  I can go longer without having the phone tethered to a wall socket.  I recently went on a week-long camping trip, and with four spare batteries on hand (that combined still weighed less than an external phone-charging battery) I never needed to worry about trying to find some place to charge my phone overnight.
-irkregent (October 04, 2017, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, that's a valid argument indeed, but I'd expect needing that on camping trips only. And I don't do camping trips ;D

mouser:
Having a few spare, charged batteries available when I travel is a real plus.  I can go longer without having the phone tethered to a wall socket.
--- End quote ---
Actually for that it would seem to be far easier, cheaper, and more flexible to simply buy one of the many large-capacity usb battery pack chargers.
These can charge any device that charges over usb (all mobile phones made in the last decade it seems), many times over.

I have one of these devices, and it can charge/power a phone, tablet, etc. as well as jump start a car, be used as a flashlight, etc.

tomos:
I have one of these devices, and it can ... jump start a car
-mouser (October 04, 2017, 10:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm impressed --
have you ever had occasion to try it ?

Ath:
It probably brews his morning coffee as well ;D

tomos:
It probably brews his morning coffee as well ;D
-Ath (October 05, 2017, 05:17 AM)
--- End quote ---