ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (10/51) > >>

4wd:
oddly enough, the best and safest-looking offer on ebay.de is from a UK supplier, presumably they also sell on UK ebay
http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEW-16GB-GOLD-5-5-XIAOMI-REDMI-NOTE-3-PRO-PRIME-SNAPDRAGON-650-DUALSIM-UNLOCKED-/231897202134?hash=item35fe267dd6:g:88IAAOSw8KNW~O2O-tomos (September 28, 2016, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just one more thing, that's not the same model - check the 4G bands, it only has 1/3 of the ones covered by the International (Kate) version - ergo, it will be limited 4G connection-wise if you travel overseas.

tomos:
oh don't be so harsh
-kalos (October 03, 2016, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

kalos, you consistently ask question after question here, giving the minimum amount of information; doing little or no research - apart from where, like in this thread, you get pressured into it. Now you've done a little research, and come back with this when you're told you now need to sort this out yourself.

I'm actually smiling now thinking of your nerve. Maybe you haven't noticed all this. Maybe you have, but this is just the way you 'work'. You'll get a certain amount of answers working like that, but not much respect. Maybe you dont need respect. And dont care. That's all fine.

But just thought I'd point it out (again?). In case you havent noticed.

Harsh! Lol, you've been treated with kid gloves here :)

kalos:
You accuse me for not supplying information, but the truth is that I don't have any other information to supply apart from my first post in this thread. I just need a phone that will work in UK, I am not tech expert to have special requirements like to be able to connect to 4G+ network in Kuala Lumpur or whatever.

Also, you accuse me that I did no research, while the truth is I did but the information is scarcely available, not offficial and in various forums here and there. I did research, I did find the trustedreviews review, which is a mainstream reliable source.

And I don't ask for something exotic, just the differences of the models in few words, which if someone knows can mention in few seconds.
And to be honest, I don't find any big price differences between the models so I would go for the most feature rich anyway.

wraith808:
You accuse me for not supplying information, but the truth is that I don't have any other information to supply apart from my first post in this thread. I just need a phone that will work in UK, I am not tech expert to have special requirements like to be able to connect to 4G+ network in Kuala Lumpur or whatever.

Also, you accuse me that I did no research, while the truth is I did but the information is scarcely available, not offficial and in various forums here and there. I did research, I did find the trustedreviews review, which is a mainstream reliable source.

And I don't ask for something exotic, just the differences of the models in few words, which if someone knows can mention in few seconds.
And to be honest, I don't find any big price differences between the models so I would go for the most feature rich anyway.
-kalos (October 04, 2016, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can we get away from the accuse?  That's starting to get a bit aggressive, and I don't think that anyone is accusing- just stating the obvious from what's been going on, and trying to help to get things on a more even keel.

I think that if you had presented that, and presented where you had looked, and what you were confused about, it would have become apparent that you tried.  And I think that's the main thing-to give a best effort at putting your mind to the problem, and making use of the information given.

And to counter a bit:

You want me to tell you whether this is the best phone for your usage patterns and needs and whether or not you will love or hate MIUI?

-4wd (October 02, 2016, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's the part that rubbed people the wrong way.  You've been given the information- more than enough information to make your own decision.  No one here is going to make that for you.  It's a risk.  But a risk that we all take, based on the best information we can find.  Give a man a fish, and all...

kalos:
OK I figured out that the kate version is just more 4G compatible and I don't think I need that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version