ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (9/51) > >>

4wd:
If you want to find out when a deal comes up on this particular phone, check OzBargain - Australians want phones that have B28 because it doubles the data bandwidth on 4G.

Android tip:
For those with a 32GB microSD limit, try formatting a 64GB or 128GB on a Windows PC using GUIFormat and then see if your phone will read it.

My 32GB limited Redmi Note 2 is currently happy with 128GB and a 64GB also worked ... chance to double/quadruple your storage for nothing but the cost of a card, (which will always come in handy somewhere else if it doesn't work).

kalos:
RN3SE (International) (Kate) isn't available on eBay atm, they have enough orders to fill via the Chinese retail sites.  Currently it's also a Chinese national holiday which slows things down.  Any that are on eBay are likely to be a Chinese supplier anyway and it's probably cheaper to go direct since there's no eBay overhead and you can still use PayPal or AliPay.

Geekbuying shipped from Spain warehouse:
2GB Gold <- In stock @ 20160930
2GB Gray
3GB Gold <- In stock @ 20160930
3GB Gray <- In stock @ 20161001

Not recommending Geekbuying one way or the other, (I have bought from them), just pointing out there is a place in the EU you can get them, (when they're in stock - a very popular phone at the moment).
-4wd (September 28, 2016, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks 4wd!

I am about to buy this;
3GB Gray <- In stock @ 20161001

is it the best option? I don't have time now to research in depth so I need your expertise!
also, after it arrives, what's next? do I flash it with another/better firmware or something?
advise please!
thanks! 

4wd:
is it the best option? I don't have time now to research in depth so I need your expertise!
also, after it arrives, what's next? do I flash it with another/better firmware or something?
advise please!
thanks! 
-kalos (October 02, 2016, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

You want me to tell you whether this is the best phone for your usage patterns and needs and whether or not you will love or hate MIUI?

That's it from me, I don't recommend or not recommend this phone - it's your choice, do the research.-4wd (September 27, 2016, 11:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry but I'm ignoring this thread from now on.

kalos:
oh don't be so harsh
I am not talking about personal preferences here, I am talking about objective advantages and disadvantages!

wraith808:
oh don't be so harsh
I am not talking about personal preferences here, I am talking about objective advantages and disadvantages!
-kalos (October 03, 2016, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not objective.  That's the point... it's subjective.  Do a bit of research and decide for yourself which best fits your personal needs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version