ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (21/51) > >>

cranioscopical:
Samsung S6 or S7 with optional bonus firelighter
-4wd (February 02, 2017, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be a good match!

rgdot:
This is still enough for everyday use

Looking for smartphone

kalos:
Sorry but your recommendation to buy the Xiaomi seems not good.-kalos (February 02, 2017, 06:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I suggest you read the thread again, I mentioned a particular model of phone that I was interested in, I didn't recommend it one way or another - I said multiple times that you need to do the research before getting anything.
I also mentioned that the MIUI OS is crap and that you should walk into a store and buy a phone because:
a) You're using the phone for business purposes. Why the hell are you buying something that is apparently a critical use item by mail order from another country where you'll have limited immediate repair/replacement options?
b) You were unwilling to do any research on the subject.

And we still have no idea exactly what phone you've bought or the OS version it's running because of your consistent lack of providing information.

I never trusted anything chinese and this comes to justify my opinion. Chinese companies, people, technology, etc are decades back, their quality is not just low, it's absolute crap.
--- End quote ---

Then why didn't you get a Samsung S6 or S7 with optional bonus firelighter and be secure in the knowledge that you've bought quality?
-4wd (February 02, 2017, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

It has MIUI 8.0.5.0 and Android 6.

It freezes very often, Google maps voice is not heard, sometimes I don't receive the call when people are caling me.

Is there a solution to this before sending this crap back to its vendor?

4wd:
It has MIUI 8.0.5.0 and Android 6.

It freezes very often, Google maps voice is not heard, sometimes I don't receive the call when people are caling me.

Is there a solution to this before sending this crap back to its vendor?
-kalos (February 04, 2017, 06:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

The latest is MIUI 8.1.x.x

Of course, we can't be more specific since your reluctance to tell us your exact phone model is obviously due to it being under strict NDA.

There are also later ROMs without all the Chinese bloatware available from EU XIAOMI Weekly ROMs as mentioned way, way back here but they require some degree of knowledge to install ....

As I said, the hardware is fine, MIUI OS is crap, (my opinion but the MIUI devs do seem to put form before function), but that would entail you replacing it with CyanogenMod, AOSP, LineageOS, etc which means you'd be required to work out how.

Anyway, with your prejudice against a whole country's technology industry, any effort to assist is, shall we say, academic ... especially since you've already made up your mind.

BTW, you do know that you have a 1 in 6 chance of your Samsung being made in China, iPhone (1 in 1, if you regard Taiwan as China), Lenovo (1 in 1), Huawei (1 in 1), ASUS (1 in 4), etc, etc.

kalos:
I think I said already that my model is Xiaomi Redmi Pro 3 International Version.
I flashed to MIUI 8.1 but still very buggy, apps make it crash and when in silent mode apps are not heard, while switching back to normal mode apps are still not heard.

I had all the good intent, but how can they ship something in such a buggy state?

OK, then if hardware is fine, will these EU roms be the solution?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version