ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: One Click File Extension Changer

(1/2) > >>

pulphero:
In my work, I often change file extensions from one to the other, and then back again, and then back again, and so on.

I'd love to have a little AHK script that would do this:

If I select a file with an .epub extension in Explorer and press Ctrl+`, the file extension will change to .zip.

If I select a file with a .zip extension in Explorer and press Ctrl+`, the file extension will change to .epub.

I put in epub/zip and the hotkey Ctrl+` as examples. I figure a user would be able to adjust those things as needed.

Thanks!

skwire:
Here's one way to do it via AutoHotkey.  It should be pretty easy to follow so modify it as necessary.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---^`::{    ; Get the highlighted selection onto the clipboard and crack its path.    Send, ^c    myFile := Clipboard    SplitPath, myFile, OutFileName, OutDir, OutExtension, OutNameNoExt, OutDrive        ; Determine current and new extensions.    If ( OutExtension = "epub" )    {        myExtension := "zip"    }    Else If ( OutExtension = "zip" )    {        myExtension := "epub"    }     ; Check that the destination file doesn't already exist.    If ! FileExist( OutDir . "\" . OutNameNoExt . "." . myExtension )    {        ; Destination file does not exist so rename existing file with new extension.        FileMove, % myFile, % OutDir . "\" . OutNameNoExt . "." . myExtension    }    Else    {        ; Destination file exists.  Warn user and do nothing.        MsgBox, Destination file already exists.  Aborting...    }}Return

pulphero:
Thanks, but no joy. I saved the code as "ExtSwitch.ahk", double-clicked that file, selected an .epub file, and pressed Ctrl + ` (the hotkey). Nothing happened; no error message, either.

skwire:
Thanks, but no joy. I saved the code as "ExtSwitch.ahk", double-clicked that file, selected an .epub file, and pressed Ctrl + ` (the hotkey). Nothing happened; no error message, either.-pulphero (September 13, 2016, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I looked at your hotkey wrong and substituted an apostrophe for the backtick you had.  Please recopy the code above and try it again.

Ath:
Just tried it and it seems to work just fine.
It might take your Explorer a few seconds to refresh the list of files though, maybe a Ctrl-R/F5 press (refresh) might fix that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version