ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Feature request(s)] Aliases

(1/1)

illicium:
This is a wonderful program - thank you for it!

As my alias list grows, it would be great if...

(a) there was a feature which could reorder my aliases alphabetically, so that I could spend less time searching through them under Options  when I need to; and

(b) it would also be good if there was a mechanism to export just simple alias information - really, just trigger/keyword and results- so as to be able to put them into a .txt etc file and print them out. (I am aware it's possible to export a full .csv file, but then sifting through that and isolating the information I want to keep is rather a laborious task!

Thanks again for this pprogram!

Nod5:
Hi, here is a small Autohotkey script that I think does what you're requesting in (b). It exports the alias and results fields in myaliases.alias to a textfile on the desktop.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---;FARR myaliases: export alias and result fields to txt listmyaliases := A_MyDocuments "\DonationCoder\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\MyCustom\myaliases.alias" output := A_Desktop "\myalias_" A_Now ".txt"if !FileExist(myaliases) exitappLoop, Read, %myaliases%, %output%{RegExMatch(A_LoopReadLine, "<AliasText>(.*)</AliasText>", alias)RegExMatch(A_LoopReadLine, "<Result>(.*)</Result>", result)FileAppend, % alias1 ? "`n" alias1 "`n" : result1 ? result1 "`n" : ""}exitapp
Like you I also hope for sorting/filtering for the aliases window in FARR. Though I think an editbox to live filter the list of aliases would be more useful than sorting options like A-Z etc. But both would be great. Aliases is an outstanding FARR feature and sets FARR apart from many other launchers.

Edit: here is a version of the script that also includes the Regex lines

--- Code: Autohotkey ---;FARR myaliases: export alias and result fields to txt listmyaliases := A_MyDocuments "\DonationCoder\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\MyCustom\myaliases.alias" output := A_Desktop "\myalias_" A_Now ".txt"if !FileExist(myaliases) exitappLoop, Read, %myaliases%, %output%{RegExMatch(A_LoopReadLine, "<AliasText>(.*)</AliasText>", alias)RegExMatch(A_LoopReadLine, "<Regex>(.*)</Regex>", reg)RegExMatch(A_LoopReadLine, "<Result>(.*)</Result>", result)FileAppend, % alias1 ? "`n" alias1 "`n" : result1 ? result1 "`n" : reg1 ? reg1 "`n" : ""}exitapp

nitrix-ud:
Thanks Nod5 for sharing this  :Thmbsup:

Nod5:
In case someone has notification or finds this thread, I did a workaround script to filter the aliases list here .

IainB:
I missed that. Thanks for cross-posting.
Nice workaround script.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version