ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

calendar that is happy in Windows and on tablet

(1/6) > >>

Steven Avery:
The nice thing with Evernote is that it has generally very smooth and easy integration from Windows to my tablets (mostly iPad although Android is nice too). I add a picture in Windows, it shows up in the tablet. I write up a new note on the road, jottings, in the tablet, it shows up in Windows. There are limitations, of course (e.g. you can't add pics by pasting in the tablet) but it is the smoothest integration I know. It has actually been very helpful and thus I am now an Evernote and Notezilla guy- (Thank you Gautam for working with that Notezilla data question., I'll try to get back to you in a few.)  The two both have superb features.

=================

Now I want similar in calendars. I would like to avoid a 2-step, working though something like a Google Calendar as an intermediary. Yet I would also like to have reasonably decent  filter/category/ tag or
layering functionality. e.g. Show me all the events related to local happenings. Or all the business events.  (Right now my calendar is kept in my Firefox bookmarks bar, which is actually quite nice for some Windows elements.  However I missed a little event yesterday, the tree-hugger sloop Clearwater event on the Kingston, NY beach, and I decided I need improvement.)

Your thoughts on a good  Calendar software method?  That makes you happy on Windows and the iPad?  Adding new events on the iPad is not so important, though, since you can make an Evernote and get to it later.  Adding events will generally be done on the home Windows puter.  Viewing will be home on Windows or iPad.  The viewing, at least on Windows, should be moderately sophisticated.

skwire:
Now I want similar in calendars. I would like to avoid a 2-step, working though something like a Google Calendar as an intermediary.-Steven Avery (September 05, 2016, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I run a tiny Radicale CalDAV service on my server at home.  Client devices include my family's various Android phones and tablets, iOS phones, Windows, and Linux boxes.

rjbull:
I run EssentialPIM Pro on Windows and Android.  They sync nicely over local WiFi without needing the cloud.  If you must have the cloud, the Pro edition, but not the Free one, will also sync with Google Calendar and several other cloud services.  You'd probably want the payware Pro for categories, etc.  It's sometimes on Bits du Jour.  AstonSoft also offer an iOS version, but I don't have any iStuff.

* EssentialPIM home page
* Description of major EssentialPIM features
* Pro vs. Free comparison

Dormouse:
What's the problem with going through Google Calendar, or similar? There might be 2 steps, but they take place automatically in the background. And easy to replace a component if one is discontinued or you dislike its progress.

I use VueMinder Pro on Windows and Business Calendar on Android. I assume I had something on ios when I tried it out, but don't remember now. I have no problems with it and it all seems pretty seamless and effective. I have EssentialPIM Pro but have never used its calendar really.

dr_andus:
What's the problem with going through Google Calendar, or similar?
-Dormouse (September 10, 2016, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or just using Google Calendar (in the browser on a PC and using the default iOS and Android calendar apps on mobile devices)?

If added sophistication is needed, there is always Pimlical (to sit on top of the Google Cal feed).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version