ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

calendar that is happy in Windows and on tablet

<< < (4/6) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi,

Do you get a smidgen of category or layering capability?  A little sophistication?

I am actually keeping my "event calendar" now in my Firefox toolbar, in one folder with a couple of subfolders (e.g. "Weekly Farmers Markets" "2017") and I keep them in date order.  As long as you are working with a few dozen events it works well, although of course it is funky in that you don't have reminders, or a visual calendar, stuff like that.  However, once I place the event in, it is at least very easy to go right back to the page url.  (This is especially good for things like concerts, movies, meetings, that you might want to note .. e.g. Snowden is playing with a live feed after the movie tomorrow night, I just think Stone might have made it a bit risque.)

This is my current Rube Goldberg calendar system.  If I had a good iPad utility, I might keep that as my Windows method. 

Steven

dr_andus:
eM Client is what I use these days to show my Google Calendar and  Contacts on my Windows PC.
-xtabber (September 12, 2016, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have tried now eM Client and it is indeed quite nice. It's a keeper. I particularly like that the Agenda view displays all items from the beginning of time (2007 for me) in an easily scrollable format. It complements Pimlical well (which is capable of telling me that I have 7909 items).

I have also tried ViewMinder some time ago but got frustrated with it as it kept crashing and stalling my system.

wraith808:
Hi,

Do you get a smidgen of category or layering capability?  A little sophistication?

I am actually keeping my "event calendar" now in my Firefox toolbar, in one folder with a couple of subfolders (e.g. "Weekly Farmers Markets" "2017") and I keep them in date order.  As long as you are working with a few dozen events it works well, although of course it is funky in that you don't have reminders, or a visual calendar, stuff like that.  However, once I place the event in, it is at least very easy to go right back to the page url.  (This is especially good for things like concerts, movies, meetings, that you might want to note .. e.g. Snowden is playing with a live feed after the movie tomorrow night, I just think Stone might have made it a bit risque.)

This is my current Rube Goldberg calendar system.  If I had a good iPad utility, I might keep that as my Windows method. 

Steven
-Steven Avery (September 14, 2016, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Who is this directed towards?  If me, then yes, each event that you enter has a space for Tags.  There is also the ability to merge multiple calendars in one view, which I do - I have a calendar for Yanado, for Work, For Home, and For Family, and all show in the same view.  I also have it syncing with Toodledo for my todos- I find it better to work with software that has one intended task rather than trying to be the kitchen sink, though PI comes close to being in that category, I find that it's just enough without being too much.

See for yourself to an extent; the manual can be found at http://download.pocketinformant.com/PIIP/2.5%20Docs/Pocket%20Informant%202.5%20User%20Manual.pdf.

Steven Avery:
Yes, that is a strong and clear enough recommendation for me to move ahead with Pocket Informant on the iPad. Thanks!

Can two or three ipads access the data from one account. (For just the price of admission in each one, maybe about $7 if I remember?).  Normally that would not be an issue, but Evernote now limits their Basic account to two devices (although they do it nicely and it is easy to drop one and add the other.)

Then you can export back to Windows (perhaps losing out on tags and merging). Or do sync. This is the flip-side of the VueMinder alternative where the robust end would be in Windows.  The Synchronization Chapter 6 starting on p. 58 is rather impressive.

wraith808:
Can two or three ipads access the data from one account. (For just the price of admission in each one, maybe about $7 if I remember?).  Normally that would not be an issue, but Evernote now limits their Basic account to two devices (although they do it nicely and it is easy to drop one and add the other.)
-Steven Avery (September 15, 2016, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Pocket Informant is a universal app; I have one license, and use it on my iPad, my iPad Mini, and my iPhone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version