ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

calendar that is happy in Windows and on tablet

<< < (2/6) > >>

wraith808:
If added sophistication is needed, there is always Pimlical (to sit on top of the Google Cal feed).
-dr_andus (September 11, 2016, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's an example of a web site design that completely made me lose my interest in finding out about the software.  It's pretty terrible design.

Shades:
As designs go, that pimlical site is fugly indeed.

There used to be something called OpenCal. This would allow you to create your own schedule, look into shared calendars from others (friends, family, coworkers) and there was an option for businesses to share their events as well. But it was gobbled up by Groupon in 2011 and well, nothing.

Google provided this overview of alternatives (https://www.getapp.com/customer-management-software/a/opencal/alternatives/). Perhaps one of them works for your intends and purposes.

Shades:
Further research revealed: https://www.ominder.com/  which seems to be quite interesting and free/cheap. Not like this one.

dr_andus:
@wraith808 & @Shades

Judging a book by its cover, are we? I'd rather take an awsome software with a crap website than the other way round (which seem to abound...).

Pimlical beats Google at its own game many times over when it comes to searching 10+ yrs worth of Google Calendar events. That's not bad for a one-man band....

Another software of interest in this category is eM Client (which I haven't tried yet).

wraith808:
No, judging a book by the frustration in reading.  To continuing the analogy, sometimes I get into a book, and when I begin reading, I determine that it's too frustrating to read.  At the end, it might be a good book.  But I have to determine if I'm going to slog through the beginning.

When I go to the pimlical site, I have to put an inordinate amount of effort into finding information.  That's not looking at the cover, that's jumping in and getting frustrated.  For example, the two arrows on the right of the listings that point to the right.  What do they mean?  What's the difference?  I went through a few, and they were not what I was looking for.  So I spent the time clicking and loading- to find out that wasn't the information I was looking for.  That's inexcusable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version