ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

No video after resuming from sleep - Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

(1/7) > >>

Deozaan:
Hi folks,

Shortly after I updated to the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 Pro x64 I noticed that my primary display no longer gets any video signal after waking my PC from sleep.

I never had this issue before the update. Sometimes I can "fix" it (work around it) by remoting into my PC and logging in. Then the monitor gets a signal and things start working again. But today, when it happened again, even that workaround didn't work for me.

I haven't been able to find anything relevant in my searches for solutions. The closest thing I've found is people complaining about their lock/login screen being black after resuming from sleep. But that's just the background image they're talking about. Other UI elements and the mouse and everything still seems to work IIUC.

Does anyone have any solutions or troubleshooting suggestions?

More info that might be pertinent:

My GPU is an AMD Radeon HD 6870. I have a dual-monitor setup. The primary monitor just flashes the LED at me like it does when it is sleeping due to no signal. The secondary monitor appears to wake up properly, but just displays a black screen since it's normally black/blank on the lock screen anyway. If I move my mouse around, sometimes I see it on the secondary monitor, but it kind of comes and goes over the course of a few seconds.

Ath:
Update your video-drivers, or installing a WHQL-qualified release should help, IMHO.

Deozaan:
Update your video-drivers, or installing a WHQL-qualified release should help, IMHO.
-Ath (September 04, 2016, 02:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

It seems I'm already using the latest drivers. But the GPU is considered "Legacy" and drivers for it aren't being updated anymore.

But I've been running Windows 10 since it released a year ago and it's never had this problem until after the Anniversary Update, so I know it "should" work in Windows 10. Honestly it's probably about time to upgrade to a newer GPU anyway (the fan is starting to make a lot of noise) but it's not in the budget at the moment.

4wd:
There are beta drivers for the HD6000 series (I'm running a 6850):

Beta is available here - if you have trouble getting it, I have the installer available (x64 only).

Deozaan:
There are beta drivers for the HD6000 series (I'm running a 6850):
-4wd (September 04, 2016, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't think I wanted the beta because:

* It's a beta (implies unstable) and won't be updated further.
* The download link says it is non-WHQL.
But I guess I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version