ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

NANY 2017 ideas thread

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
It can be hard for programmers to come up with good ideas for programs to write. Do you have an idea for a program you'd like to see someone code for our NANY 2017 event?  Post it here!

tomos:
No idea if this is possible:
when the screensaver is set to show random images, sometimes I'd love to know what that last image was / where it is located (I've got a lot of photos).
If I'm careful to not touch anything else, I can use the arrow keys to go back to the image, but I have no way of finding out what it is -- or where it is, creation date, any of which would help me find the image.

Is it possible to keep track of these images - or give info about the current image being displayed by the screensaver?

(I'm on Windows 7 x64 FWIW)

mouser:
sometimes I'd love to know what that last image was / where it is located (I've got a lot of photos).
--- End quote ---
This has been requested before for my Multi Photo Quotes screensaver system, and it wouldn't be hard for me to add.

Whether that's useful to you depends entirely on whether you use MPQ.

tomos:
^I'll check it out, thanks mouser

kunkel321:
Similar to Tomos' idea--or maybe not so similar...   An app that will take a folder full of wallpaper images that I downloaded from reddit and other location, and do a reverse image search, then rename the image with the most-likely description.   Sometimes I'm proactive enough to actually name the image as I save it to my computer, but often the names are like "qwssdfde.jpg."  Presumably this would require an algorhythm to look at the different possible names and "guess" the best one...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version