topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NANY 2017 ideas thread  (Read 7508 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
NANY 2017 ideas thread
« on: September 02, 2016, 11:43 AM »
It can be hard for programmers to come up with good ideas for programs to write. Do you have an idea for a program you'd like to see someone code for our NANY 2017 event?  Post it here!

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2017 ideas thread
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 01:05 PM »
No idea if this is possible:
when the screensaver is set to show random images, sometimes I'd love to know what that last image was / where it is located (I've got a lot of photos).
If I'm careful to not touch anything else, I can use the arrow keys to go back to the image, but I have no way of finding out what it is -- or where it is, creation date, any of which would help me find the image.

Is it possible to keep track of these images - or give info about the current image being displayed by the screensaver?

(I'm on Windows 7 x64 FWIW)
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 02:31 PM »
sometimes I'd love to know what that last image was / where it is located (I've got a lot of photos).
This has been requested before for my Multi Photo Quotes screensaver system, and it wouldn't be hard for me to add.

Whether that's useful to you depends entirely on whether you use MPQ.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 05:21 PM »
^I'll check it out, thanks mouser
Tom

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 09:52 AM »
Similar to Tomos' idea--or maybe not so similar...   An app that will take a folder full of wallpaper images that I downloaded from reddit and other location, and do a reverse image search, then rename the image with the most-likely description.   Sometimes I'm proactive enough to actually name the image as I save it to my computer, but often the names are like "qwssdfde.jpg."  Presumably this would require an algorhythm to look at the different possible names and "guess" the best one...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 10:51 PM »
I've posted about this before, but I'd love to hear ideas for Android apps that fit well into the android code framework that i've written recently -- apps that let users create "items" and organize them into categories (pages), where each item can be displayed on a line.  you'll see examples of the kinds of apps that fit this model in my WhenLast app and in my score tracker app.  I actually started a thread asking for ideas related to it earlier, so any discussion about ideas should probably take place on that thread: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=40212.0

stonedofmoo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2016
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 02:56 PM »
Hi all

I was advised to post in this thread and draw attention to an idea I had for a windows program. Not only would this be cool and useful in many situations, it would be used by my family straight away.

In brief it's a windows based decision making program with customisable text and pics.
The thread is here if anyone would be interested in bringing this to life
Program Idea