topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 11:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: android remote control tool...  (Read 5897 times)

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
android remote control tool...
« on: September 01, 2016, 04:27 PM »
Just wondering if anyone here has any suggestions

I have a perfectly serviceable android handset sitting in the drawer that I would like to press into service as a remote camera (all above board, I promise).  It needs to be usable via wifi, and should give full control of the camera's controls/functionality from my PC (laptop)

The intent is to be able to take a series of relatively high speed stills, but the tools I've tried so far (airdroid, IP WebCam, DroidCam) only appear to provide video streaming or very basic control of some built in apps only.

Seems to be plenty of tools that work the wrong way round (control a pc from the handset) but not much that does what I want
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:04 PM by Target »

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: android remote control tool...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 06:33 AM »
Teamviewer host app for Android will supposedly do what you want, although I haven't tried it myself.  If you try it and it does work, please let us know.

Cloq

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: android remote control tool...
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 02:00 PM »
Jump Desktop

Been using it for years. Works well and is frequently updated. Added bonus, you can seamlessly remote any desktop that has the agent running. Don't have to mess with firewall/router settings.

It is payware but it's worth every penny.