ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Was Firefox 47.0.1 the end of the line for you as well?

<< < (6/7) > >>

MilesAhead:
How does one tell which type (32 or 64-bit) one has? It's not mentioned in the "About" section.-IainB (September 01, 2016, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
Check the install location. If it's in "Program Files" then it's 64-bit. If it's in "Program Files (x86)" then it's 32-bit.-Deozaan (September 02, 2016, 02:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

- eh, no! On a 32-bits system the %1% is "Program Files", because there is no other system.

-Curt (September 02, 2016, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

In which case if you try to run a 64 bit exe you'll get an error anyway.

Curt:
^oh yes, of course

So I was saying the right thing, but barking up the wrong tree.  :-[

MilesAhead:
^oh yes, of course

So I was saying the right thing, but barking up the wrong tree.  :-[

-Curt (September 02, 2016, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

When Microsoft wants to jump from one "bitness" to another, like calling a 32 bit routine from 64 bit code, they use a "thunk."  My theory is that the programmer who thought up that idea conjugated the verb "to think" as "think" "thank" "thunk."   :)  At least that's what I thunk when I read it the first time.  :)

wraith808:
How does one tell which type (32 or 64-bit) one has? It's not mentioned in the "About" section.-IainB (September 01, 2016, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
Check the install location. If it's in "Program Files" then it's 64-bit. If it's in "Program Files (x86)" then it's 32-bit.-Deozaan (September 02, 2016, 02:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

- eh, no! On a 32-bits system the %1% is "Program Files", because there is no other system.

-Curt (September 02, 2016, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you have a 32-bit system, you don't have the problem.  You couldn't install the 64-bit so it must be 32-bit.  :Thmbsup:

cranioscopical:
the verb "to think" as "think" "thank" "thunk."
-MilesAhead (September 02, 2016, 12:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thunk you very much?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version