topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Launch History  (Read 3150 times)

beethoven

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Launch History
« on: August 15, 2016, 05:54 PM »
I am using Farr constantly and love the many features. The feature I use most is to access my standard files, those I have to access on a constant basis. Launch History is a great help in that respect as these destinations should appear there for easy access. However I don't understand how this list is populated as it seems to randomly forget standard files. Each morning when I first open Farr I am wondering how many files show up as it can vary between only 3 and 10.
I am using Farr on Win 7, 64 bit pro and the files are not just on my pc but also on networked drives.  This morning the result showed MS office, MS word and one letter linked to recent files on my c: drive - but none of my standard xls files I keep using every day. Those are on the networked drives.  Once I start using them, Farr learns and during the day they will appear but tomorrow most likely they will be lost again. I say most likely as some days they stick around.

I have set Farr to keep a launch history of 12.  I notice an option to disable Wow64 redirection currently ticked but don't understand the explanation. Would that explain the forgetfulness? Under Options / Launch History I have "do not add network drives" unticked. Are there any other options I should look at ?   

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Launch History
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 06:42 PM »
The location of the files on networked drives is the most likely cause of the problem.
Look for the option on "Search Behavior" tab for "Do not add network drive paths to launch history" and maybe "Remove missing items from history".  Try unchecking those and see if behavior changes.

beethoven

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Launch History
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:59 PM »
Mouser,
thanks but fiddling with these settings did not change the behaviour. It seems to me that some days I can log on in the morning and still have some history there and on other days I only get two or three specific listings, usually MS Office ( word or xls). Guess I have to make better use of alias and try to remember those alias I set up.