ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

List View on Desktop

<< < (3/3)

nudone:
i was wrong - wintidy will save and restore a small desktop icon layout. i probably just got bored of using it before - i'll use it for a while and see if a conflict comes up.

nudone:
i've rediscovered the downside to the small icon view.

i'm don't know if things behave in an odd manner when you have the icons listed down the left side of the screen but if you position them in various places (like i have in the screenshot) they lose their 'exact' location, at least, when using 'wintidy'.

you may think this isn't really a big deal - you can restore the saved icon layout afterall. unfortunately it changes the spacing between the icons so that the position you originaly had set the icons probably just won't work again - i'm wondering if this has anything to do with long file/folder names being displayed.

this may just be a side effect of using 'deskview' and then 'wintidy' - they probably have different icon spacings - or so it appears at the moment.

kimmchii:
i just confirmed the problem, *sigh*, microsoft should implement this feature in the OS.

PhilB66:
An old topic but have a look at Desktop Icon Save and Restore. Download page @ http://www.midiox.com/jsoft.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version