ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS more colourful default?

<< < (2/2)

dcwul62:
Yes, that is my idea. IF interested to do so ... mouser might add 1-2 'skin and color' presets. They should then be hardcoded into CHS and not depending on an .ini file that might be lost/accidentally deleted.
e.g. the
lightblue (RGB 192 255 255, HEX: #C0FFFF)
yellow (RGB 255 255 225, HEX:  #FFFFE1)
Green (RGB 192 255 192, HEX: #C0FFC0)
that you and I are using, that could be built into CHS

and maybe also a 2nd 'set'

all other colors are userdefined (.ini)

BTW I tried to add a color, settings->customs appearance->memo background: 'other colors' then entered e.g. 251 242 178 in the RGB boxes then clicked on [Add to Custom Colors]  button,  but  nothing happened.
tried a few times, it is not added.

Is that the same with you?

=
CHS more colourful default?
=

IainB:
I don't see why adding a couple more standard layouts would necessarily need to be hard-coded. It's not as though you'd be fixing a problem to do that. Not even a "nice-to-have" tweak either. Therefore, it would seem like a waste of time to hard-code it.

On the colours thing, I have no difficulty selecting and making the colours stick, and with no messing about .
My version of CHS is 2016-05-13 v2.36.0 Beta.
OS is Win10-64 PRO.

dcwul62:
Hardcoded because whatever you mess up, it is easy to jump back to a style.
Just rename your .ini files to .bak
Then you will be happy to just be able to select layout->default skin and have it back.

Well anyway... it was a suggestion only.

=

IainB:
@dcwul62: Well, I am a bit of a minimalist, so I would usually tend to consider cosmetic changes as unnecessary. So I personally probably wouldn't ask a developer to carry out cosmetic changes. However, you never know. See what @mouser thinks about it. He might think it's a great idea!    :)

Do you have the same CHS version as mine, or is it an earlier version? If the latter, then get the latest (still the same as mine) and see if it fixes any colour selection problems that you might be experiencing.

rjbull:
Here's Dilbert's take:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version