ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how should I roll back java?

<< < (6/7) > >>

holt:
^'gift'; yes. :) sherman and mr. peabody cartoon wayback machine time.
I apologize for going off-topic. The power supply is only 250w, but it can do several vitally important basic functions for me, including emails, web news, and web shopping.

holt:
In Windows XP on a Pentium 4 with 2gb ram, I keep getting a pop-up mssg 'Windows - the virtual memory minimum is set too low'. How would I determine a better setting, and is there an online guide for resetting this?

Shades:
In 'Advanced System Settings' you can set the minimum and maximum of storage space you want to reserve for paging. That is usually meant by 'Virtual memory'. This Microsoft kb article explains exactly what you must do to get rid of this error message.

A general tip, in case you didn't know: When you see a window appear with an error or warning message, make sure you have that window "active" and press key combination: CTRL + C. This copies the complete content from that window into the Windows clipboard. This works with any error message window. Use that content with google/bing/duckduckgo/whatever and chances are you'll find the answer for your error in the first 5 links of the search engine results.

holt:
In 'Advanced System Settings' you can set the minimum and maximum of storage space you want to reserve for paging. That is usually meant by 'Virtual memory'. This Microsoft kb article explains exactly what you must do to get rid of this error message.

A general tip, in case you didn't know: When you see a window appear with an error or warning message, make sure you have that window "active" and press key combination: CTRL + C. This copies the complete content from that window into the Windows clipboard. This works with any error message window. Use that content with google/bing/duckduckgo/whatever and chances are you'll find the answer for your error in the first 5 links of the search engine results.
-Shades (September 20, 2016, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Tnx, I set it to 'system managed size'; hope that's alright.

holt:
My ethernet card is 10/100 (I forget where I saw that).
Using TOR, my video is barely adequate on youtube at the 240 setting.
I see ethernet cards on amazon that are rated 10/100/1000, and wonder if I should upgrade?
I would want a good economical choice, and there are so many to choose from;
https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aethernet%20card

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version